PDA

View Full Version : tri z sealed engine bearings?

sblt500r
09-04-2007, 10:55 PM
why are 2 of the triz engine ball bearings sealed? they come that way new from yamaha, which i don't know why. theres no need for them. the old bearings i pulled out, the seals were starting to melt, or bubble.

i'm going to take them off, unless someone can explain to me why not to!

Bryan Raffa
09-04-2007, 11:11 PM
install them with the manufacturer marks or numbers faceing out

your talking about under the clutch? there for proper oiling of the clutch disks, and baskit,,you want the majority of your oil on that side of the motor for that reason..keep them in

honda250sx
09-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Anyone seen a ceramic bearing in these two strokes before? I am going to be doing the same thing you are sblt500r.

Dirtcrasher
09-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Anyone seen a ceramic bearing in these two strokes before? I am going to be doing the same thing you are sblt500r.

Do you mean the mechanical seal in the water pump shaft?

sblt500r
09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
your talking about under the clutch? there for proper oiling of the clutch disks, and baskit,,you want the majority of your oil on that side of the motor for that reason..keep them in

yes the bearing behind the clutch and the one near the sprocket. they both come sealed. whats going to keep them oiled, if there sealed. it really makes no sense to me. the bearing would eventually burn up. which is evidence in the old bearing seals, that are all burnt looking. i have built many engines, and it seems only the yamahas have seals in there tranny bearings.

honda250sx
09-05-2007, 02:04 PM
DC nah man. I want ceramic crank bearings :)

Bryan Raffa
09-06-2007, 12:28 AM
them bearings,,, the seals are metal with a rubber coating on them