PDA

View Full Version : Is a bent front hub on 1984 Tecate common?

nd4speed
08-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Is a bent front hub on 1984 Tecate common?

Replaced the bearings but noticed the brake drum drags in one spot and pretty much corresponds with the wobble of the wheel in and out and up and down.

The stock wheel shook at high speeds on the hard ice but was not as bad going slow in the snow of course. Guess I'll have to put the stock studded tire back on and compare.

Bought a new Kenda Max tire and used aluminum rim. Now on pavement it is a real problem. I can see a slight wobble in the hub too. The hub looks beefy but what do I know. It could be made of cheap soft steel. I believe the trike was crashed at some point because the expansion pipe mount was broken off and there was a hole in the pipe.

Anyone else find their hub (or someone else's) like this?
Anyone have a hub for sale that known not to be bent?

cr480r
09-01-2007, 02:34 AM
My '84 was crashed by my old roomate.... it bent the wheel... the bike rode perfectly fine after replacing the wheel and lining the tripples back up...I still have the hub and brake assembly... I can check it for run-out to make sure if you are interested...

nd4speed
09-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Well the stock rim wobbles too and looks to have a slight flat spot from some type of impact. PM me a price for an 84 front hub that is undamaged and unbent.