PDA

View Full Version : How to replace front bearings

kingedie
08-29-2007, 09:51 PM
I have a 1984 200ES and the bearings have gone out on my front wheel. The bearing cover has actually come loose so Im sure I have lost all of the bearings. If I use the wrong terminolgy, work with me, kinda new to working on ATV's and ATC's. But I strongly believe in DIY! Im just trying to keep from taking it to the shop, when I can do it with a little knowledge. Can anyone give me some advise on how to replace the bearings on the front axle? Im pretty mechanically inclined, Ive just never done this before. There were several things I was needing to have done to it and the shop priced me at $420 to do the following.

Replace front bearings

Re-do brake system

Take carburetor out, clean and adjust (due to fouling plugs) which could be a simple adjustmet and not actually need cleaning)

Replace differential fluid.

Replace the front shock rubber housing.

Im in a financial bind and the only thing that HAS TO BE DONE RIGHT NOW is the front bearings. I just bought a 2007 Honda Foreman for hunting purposes so I wouldnt have to put my trike through so much hell during hunting season. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, after tons of advise of what 4X4 to buy, I thought to myself, I have a 23 yr old Honda that still runs great. HMMMMMMMM, I think Ill go buy a new HONDA!!!!!