PDA

View Full Version : Shifting with boots

JohnBeton
08-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi,

Maybe a stupid question, but here I go.
I have some problems shifting with my boots on, with normal shoes it is no problem, but with the boots I just can't shift up.

I tried setting the shifter a little bit higher so it is easier to get my foot under it, but after a couple of shifts it's back down...

DeePa
08-25-2007, 05:16 PM
then you need to file inbetween the two pieces that clamp onto the shifter shaft so it tightens down more.

Use the edge of the boot.

Mike

SYKO
08-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Use the edge of the boot.

Mike

yea dont try to shift with your whole foot under the shifter, there is a spot on most boots on the inner side for hitting the shifter, it takes some getting used to but once acustomed to boots you will were them all the time, in fact if I ware shoes i have miss shifts and skip gears and just plain ride like a loser, but when I got boots on im ready to roll out!

Dirtcrasher
08-26-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm not sure why everyone seems to have problems on ATC's with MX boots. The frame/peg/shifter layout is the same.

My MX boot is a size 10 and fits under the shifter with no problems. I don't have to use the edge or anything...

SYKO
08-26-2007, 11:06 AM
size 10? averyone I know with a size 10 and smaller can do that, my boots are 13 unless I put a jockey shifter on theres no way in hell I can shift from underneith!lol