PDA

View Full Version : What is a "Boost Bottle"?

J.D.
05-11-2003, 04:55 PM
I see they're supposed to improve low-end power or something to that effect, is it true? Do they work? How exactly do they work? Are they available for Tri-Z's?

lushatc200x
05-11-2003, 06:09 PM
all i knows is that the old yamis used to have somthin like a roost boost on them. it hung off the side. it is supposed to help your pickup power

Albino
05-11-2003, 08:23 PM
Don't know what it does exactly but I got one on my 84r.

Dynofox
05-11-2003, 09:07 PM
The tri z has one stock on it. It's the little box on the right hand side of the bike mounted right under the air box. Yes it is suposed to make the low end a little crisper. Not sure in how well it works, but my Z has good low end for a non power valve 250 2-stroke.

hrc200x
05-11-2003, 10:41 PM
I think there is a difference between boost bottle and roost boost. A roost boost was a Electrical mod made by Answer that pluged into your wiring harness. A boost bottle is a air resivour bottle attached to the intake.

kyle
05-11-2003, 10:46 PM
can anyone post a pic of one on a bike?

plkmonster2
05-11-2003, 11:03 PM
a boost bottle looks like a metal bottle, that is hooked to your crank braether. it works by not having near the compression when the piston goes down, and when it goes up, although the cylinder compression stays the same. it creates a more balanced atmosphere, and keeps the engine from working against itself.

plkmonster2
05-11-2003, 11:10 PM
also, when the piston goes down, it creates some pressure, when a breather lets it all out, and no bottle holds it all in. it uses that bit of pressure to make the piston go up easier. when the piston goes up, it creates some suction, to help the piston go down a bit

TimSr
05-12-2003, 09:03 AM
This is a boost bottle, and it comes stock on the TriZ, but are often added to replace the cross over equalizer pipe in Banshees. Also I think the Intake on the Blaster has a spot for one, and if I remember right, it was stock on my RT180. It connects to the intake between the carb and cylinder, and works by being a resevoir of precarbureted air/fuel which is much easier to suck in with low RPMs coming off idle, giving you better low end response. The "Boost Bottle" often gets confused with a "Roost Boost" which is nothing more than a step up coil that creates higher voltage on the output of your spark plug coil, supposedly giving you a "hotter" spark, of which Im very skeptical of the benefits.

http://home.neo.rr.com/timtim/boost.jpg

trikeman
05-12-2003, 10:45 AM
i have on of thoes on my dirtbike, it's called energy induction on it