PDA

View Full Version : carb questions

kronos
08-20-2007, 04:09 PM
hey i was wondering if the one jet on the carb, not the main pilot jet but the smaller one beside it, will still work if a peice of it is broken off. the lower part of it with the many little holes is broken off so it is just the threaded peice. it still allows fuel to flow through it but it is half as long. i was wondering if this can cause problems and how much a new carb or a carb rebuild kit would be for a 1983 225DX. thnx for the input guys

atctim
08-20-2007, 04:18 PM
This will have negative effects on the gas / air mixture, how it mixes, and mix ratios. It will adversely effect the engines performance. Possibly not terribly - but it will rob power and engine efficiency no doubt.

stoney420
08-20-2007, 06:57 PM
just buy a new jet for it there only a couple bucks there should be a number on the jet so u know which one to get, if you cant find the number on it then im sure someone on here can tell u what jet u need for it..

kronos
08-21-2007, 11:34 AM
well i know for sure that its a Mikuni carb but i cant find any numbers so i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction with what jet i need to get. thnx for the help guys