PDA

View Full Version : motoplat (pvl) for a tri-z ???

03 ORANGE SHEE
08-19-2007, 08:41 PM
removed the cover today to drain some water thats collected for some time..:cry:
thats what it looks like if you have never seen them, there no wires on the tri-z either , just a coil wire, thats it!
major changes are about to happen to my tri-z, ill post pics in a few weeks, alot of parts will be changed out. wont ever feel or look the same, all i gotsa to say is when its finished GOME GET SOME!!:naughty:

LonesomeTriZ
08-19-2007, 09:09 PM
What kind of difference does that kit make?

03 ORANGE SHEE
08-19-2007, 09:14 PM
it came out of your bike! craigs motor!
it saves a pound of rotating mass, the flywheel is about four ounces in weight
it revs much faster and pulls alittle better

LonesomeTriZ
08-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I still remeber it slipping thorugh my fingers. I have always wondered what they did though.

honda250sx
08-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Looks quite similar to a penton and bultaco motorcycle ingnitions. Motoplat also made some pretty sick aluminum imbedded magnet flywheels. They used those in Sachs snowmobile motors

Louis Mielke
08-19-2007, 11:04 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!! Nathan get the pressure washer out and clean that filthy pig up! I got a couple extra tooth brushes I can send you and then get that flywheel all polished back up. Don't forge to chrome the nut.

Geezzzzeeee....your so laxy these days. Playing with that Rhino too much and not enough with the Zs. Shame!

03 ORANGE SHEE
08-21-2007, 02:50 PM
dont worry, there will be lots of shine on it here shortly!:rolleyes:

BigGreenMachine
08-21-2007, 03:09 PM
You doing a motor swap or installing a Sprock Bigbore?

Yamahondaman
08-21-2007, 03:35 PM
ya i should of got the rear shock when i got the motor too !! :naughty:
hey BigGreen... naaaa .. he doesn't need the BIG stuff untill he's beat ! :D

Bryan Raffa
08-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Hey wile ya got that apart could ya send that mounting plate to ronnie so he can copy it for my PVL...this time send the mounting plate NOT the RED part you sent the last time!:lol: :lol: :lol:

hrc85250r
08-21-2007, 10:05 PM
the thing that pvl does for you is a) removes rotating mass(good for mx/wot riding, not good for woods), b) allows you to set the timing wherever you want and gives you a bigger spark. these are analog just like stock, so the advance curve for the ignition is straight, aka the advance is the same the whole time no matter the rpm, the big difference is you can put that curve at whatever degree you want.

honda250sx
08-21-2007, 11:03 PM
the thing that pvl does for you is a) removes rotating mass(good for mx/wot riding, not good for woods), b) allows you to set the timing wherever you want and gives you a bigger spark. these are analog just like stock, so the advance curve for the ignition is straight, aka the advance is the same the whole time no matter the rpm, the big difference is you can put that curve at whatever degree you want.

your def. right man. They are ignition systems with performance in mind. They are light weight allowing the engine to reach higher rpm more quickly. They offer a higher output that most OEM ignitions. It can burn more fuel, thus make more power:naughty: They are a awesome replacement/upgrade.

honda250sx
08-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Raffa, why dont you talk to penton racing. They got your setup for a tri-z 250 already built bro? And for that matter the 490 too :naughty:

LonesomeTriZ
08-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Raffa, why dont you talk to penton racing. They got your setup for a tri-z 250 already built bro? And for that matter the 490 too :naughty:

What is this you speak of? They actually sell something like that for the Z's?

Bryan Raffa
08-21-2007, 11:10 PM

yes I know that.. there the same part number....:cool:

I have one from a 250R that I need to switch the mounting plate on..

honda250sx
08-21-2007, 11:14 PM
What is this you speak of? They actually sell something like that for the Z's?

You bet bro, www.pentonimports.com COMPLETE SETUP KIT for the tri-z, part number #70108. Check applications list. They make PVL's for the the tecate's and r's too boot:lol:

LonesomeTriZ
08-21-2007, 11:16 PM
That is some good information. it also answered some questions I planned on asking when I get some money rolling in here. Thank you for the heads up.

honda250sx
08-21-2007, 11:17 PM
yes I know that.. there the same part number....:cool:

I have one from a 250R that I need to switch the mounting plate on..

Oooo lala. Right on. They should be able to get you a plate if you need one. There tech guys are good chit. They have helped me with some rare RX sach air cooler racing snowmobile ignitions that i have messed with in some "Restored" sleds.

honda250sx
08-21-2007, 11:19 PM
That is some good information. it also answered some questions I planned on asking when I get some money rolling in here. Thank you for the heads up.

No problem. These are top notch and brain dead simple to play with. I have some buds with them in there vintage bikes, husqvarna's, bultacos, pentons and rickmans. They love em. I wouldnt mind having one myself. But i need some lights, no lighting with these ignitions

LonesomeTriZ
08-21-2007, 11:24 PM
But i need some lights, no lighting with these ignitions

That, is a bad thing. I to like having lights. I guess if I ever get around to biulding that flat tracker, that would be the kit I could use.