PDA

View Full Version : need some help

chevdanbarnett
08-18-2007, 09:30 PM
well i have a 84 200s well today i broke the pull rope took it out and tied it back but it back together well i can not figer it out well i know it has something to do with the spring but the rope did not go back inany body got pics our some thing that might help me some thanks dan

SYKO
08-18-2007, 09:39 PM
do a search for trike manuals here and download one for your trike, also thank dammit here on the board for putting them on here for people. Diagnosing a problem such as yours is better of using a good factory manual

McDerry
08-18-2007, 10:12 PM
On the drum inside the recoil starter you'll notice a semi circle piece missing on the edge. Pull the pull start rope through the semi circle. This will allow you to rotate the drum by hand 3 so times clockwise setting up the preload. YOu can then use a screwdriver to hold the drum from slipping by inserting it into the semi circle and holding the drum chocked. That will allow you about a foot of slack to play with to thread it through the hole going through the recoil housing. YOu'll want to fuse the nylon composite rope (the white marine grade rope people use on the recoils) so its a point on the end, it will aid in threading it through the hole. Once you tie on the handle, pull out the screwdriver and the drumm will spin counterclockwise sucking the cord back into the housing.

chevdanbarnett
08-19-2007, 09:46 AM
ok thanks guys for the help well let you know what happens know one more ? what is the plastic ring and spring and cable i think i got it back in the way it came out but not shure thanks dan