PDA

View Full Version : my $15 purchase

team-red-rider
08-18-2007, 05:52 PM
a 1983 200X and a 1986 125M
and a set of OK 200m fenders and rack

Nick_R_23
08-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Pretty good deal for 15$, but wtf did that X hit to bend the rim that bad??

-Nick :TrikesOwn

team-red-rider
08-18-2007, 06:00 PM
he said a car hit it LOL

Nick_R_23
08-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Dang, it didnt bend the axle or anything??

-Nick :TrikesOwn

team-red-rider
08-18-2007, 06:09 PM
no.... he said it happend on a quad and he swapped the rims out for these

team-red-rider
08-18-2007, 07:54 PM
yeh just wait untill tehyre done! ......the KLT is about ready for paint and *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*......hey dammit y dont u be quiet ....at least im saving trikes.....or should i just let them ROT?

team-red-rider
08-18-2007, 08:51 PM
uh could u say this in english plz "I would spend 15 dollars on an expensive and let those trikes rot"

1985 200s
08-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Sure could use the skid plate off that 125 if it's good. $15 and then the rest would be free. :beer

team-red-rider
08-18-2007, 09:31 PM
naw its no good. its broken BADLY lol

team-red-rider
08-18-2007, 09:48 PM
if i WANTED to buy something NICE i would
id rather get JUNK and fix it and feel GOOD that i redid it and saved it...jeez people its my choice.

ok. srry to rant but im sick of hearing " sell um" "part um"

Rm250RF900R
08-18-2007, 10:06 PM
I would spend 15 dollars on an expensive sandwich and let those trikes rot unless my intention was to put them on ebay. Don't hush Dammit either....

If you have noticed, he does save trikes. Here is a list of things on your to-do list:

1) clean yard
2) part out trikes on ebay
3) use money to make the 250R and KLT sick

Thats what I would do. Man I wish I had a yard like yours..I could make it look soo cool! Looks like Katrina passed right over?

Thats what I would do. You could probably make a lot of money with all the stuff you have. Sell all that and make a few trikes really nice.

team-red-rider
08-18-2007, 10:23 PM
...hey btw if any one wants thoes 200M/E/ES fenders and rack ill sell them CHEAPPPPPP .....they arent perfect BUT they have nice mudflaps and would work better than nothing

jeffatc250r
08-18-2007, 10:45 PM
All i have to say is wow :lol:

84honda200s
08-18-2007, 10:57 PM
lol trr you have to make up your mind. you wanna sell em or not. cuz if you do you better put the 200x tank on ebay. that alone will pay for them trikes.

i agree with the whole liking to build your trikes but you need to have dam good funding to do as many as you have.

i know.... they are yours and you will do what you want. but ive seen to many good sleds, quads, bikes, and trikes got to hell because someone kept buying them and saying "ill get to them and rebuild em" and they sit there and rot away. all they are tryn to tell ya is instead of having a half a million projects part out the ones you have other than your best 3. take the money rebuild them 3 real nice then use the extra to get another and do it up nice.

by the way trr thats a kick ass pick up. 15 bux is dam nice. id do it easy.

team-red-rider
08-18-2007, 11:04 PM
well the thing is the trikes are taken care of....even the junkers...they get washed and waxed regularly and stuff///i keep the fuel tanks INSIDE !!! IN THE AC! ill get a picture of my parts storage later its really clean and organized

84honda200s
08-18-2007, 11:08 PM
ooooooooo he he my bad. i thought you just threw the parts inside and tossed the frames and stuff outside. well either way i wish i found a deal like that. friggin 15 bux for 2 trikes. no engines but still. if the rear caliper on that x works its worth more that 15 bux on ebay.

Jim mac
08-18-2007, 11:16 PM
I dont think theres anything wrong with picking up trike projects. Im guilty myself, I usually get them running then sell them as running trikes. They may not be perfect, but at least the buyer can take them out and play with them. Once in awhile I goof and get something I cant get parts for cheaply (86 250R) Now Im in the predicament, part it out, sell it whole, or just sit on it until a motor shows up. I went and looked at some parts today, guys got a 200S motor in a frame, and some wiring, a thumb throttle off a 250R with a brake master thats seen its better days, for 50 bucks. So now its time to see if the 200S motor will even fit. But I feel for you on these trikes, its like beer, cant stop at one. (Im up to 7 cars, and 4 running trikes). jim

super90
08-19-2007, 04:07 AM
Thats would cost a fortune to get some of thoes things to run. The 200x is a mere roller at that. If you sold everything you could probably get a decent 200x, 350x and a 110. Or you could start a mini salvage yard.

team-red-rider
08-19-2007, 09:48 AM
the 200X is trash the frame is rusted out....i got it for teh forks and brake stuff ....SOMEONE stole my brakes from my 250R at tf.

tapper190
08-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Are you serious that someone stole your rear brakes at TF?
Tapper

team-red-rider
08-19-2007, 03:13 PM
yup my brakes were stolen RIGHT OFF THE TRAILER! .....billy handed them to ronnie. he put them on the trailer ....next time we look they were gone

tapper190
08-19-2007, 03:23 PM
sorry to hear that, one thing I can't stand is a THIEF!
Tapper

team-red-rider
08-19-2007, 04:18 PM
thanx/ i just hope who ever has them enjoys them lol

Chevy200s
08-19-2007, 04:37 PM
I think you got a great deal. I would have paid 50 just for the 200x because its got a bunch of parts I could use for other trikes, and it seems that half the members here have one so you have a guaranteed market to part it out. I would given another 50 for the 125m just because you dont see many of them, and with that I would be one step closer to having a complete one. I know where your commin from dude, look at my sig, haha. I'm up to 10 trikes now, and 7 of them run. To most members that would be bad, to me its great. I probably have a total of 1500 into all of them, I have enough for all my buddies to come over and ride, and they kept us all out of trouble when we were younger. Keep it up dude, nice deal

team-red-rider
08-19-2007, 04:53 PM
im gonna be puting a CR125 motor int eh X prlly hehe....and hey arent u the dude who wrecked teh KLT at the first corner at TF?

firefirefire90
08-19-2007, 04:58 PM
im gonna be puting a CR125 motor int eh X prlly hehe....and hey arent u the dude who wrecked teh KLT at the first corner at TF?

How can you? The frame is toast? :confused:

Dude I'm telling you, and so is everyone else; STICK TO THREE TRIKES!

What do you think is better? 15 unfinished ugly trikes, or three AWESOME looking finished trikes?

Think about it, and come up with a real conclusion and not an answer that doesn't answer the question ending with an "lol". Not being sarcastic.

team-red-rider
08-19-2007, 05:07 PM
i have 2 X 's and 1 is good with a bad motor but i needed and axle and forks for! HMM ....lets see now ...the new X has them......and id rather have 15 running but ugly trikes. THAT I CAN WORK ON WEN I PLEASE. than 3 nice ones ...id end up bored cuz right now i can stop riding and wrench if i want.

firefirefire90
08-19-2007, 05:34 PM
15 unfinished ugly trikes.

I was getting at trikes that have a very small chance at running, and would be better off saving other trikes in need of parts.

LonesomeTriZ
08-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Hey man, I am on your side, I love getting junk and turning it into gold. I have enough parts to biuld (literaly) 20+ complete Tri-Z's. That is because I have gotten junk chassis and large parts lots for cheap. Iam slowly getting them turned out. I will sell some and sell off the excess parts. but egtting them is half the fun. I see no fault in what your are doing. Just remember it does become wastful when you lose interest in one or more and allow them to sit and rot. so keep cysling thorugh your collection and biulding new things. That is what I enjoy.

Chevy200s
08-19-2007, 10:26 PM

haha, I was wondering when someone would mention that. not to sound like I'm giving excuses but hopefully you can understand: I left for trikefest at 11PM at night after my sisters graduation and drove straight through to Indiana, I got to Haspin about an hour before the races started, and I had never tried motocross before. so like I said, not to be comming up with excuses but I had my hands full. Not only that, but I didnt "wreck" it, nothing was broken or cracked, and she went on to get 3rd which was kinda cool for me. Sorry for such a long post and sorry to be off topic.

now get back to workin on them trikes, haha

honda_atc200es
08-20-2007, 12:18 AM
i gotta say, if i had all those parts id sell em in a second, id rather have one insane bike than ones that dont run, my bigred left a bad taste in my mouth as far as non-running projects go, ill never buy a non runing bike again, 3 is plenty, you will always be busy fine tuning them and improving them, and you can make some extra cash, just think how nice ti would be to have a top notch 250r or crazy 200x frankenstien project with a motor ment for a motorcycle the posibilities are endless

team-red-rider
08-20-2007, 12:26 AM
UM U TOOK 3RD????? idont recall u taking 3rd and ive watched the dvd at least 3 times..

hondahaulic
08-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Hey man, I am on your side, I love getting junk and turning it into gold........... but egtting them is half the fun.......so keep cysling thorugh your collection and biulding new things. That is what I enjoy.

Yea i definately agree with lonesometriZ here, I really enjoy taking someones "junk" that seems worthless, and actually getting it going enough to have a TON of fun on without spending much. Part of the reason i like doing this, is because i enjoy working on stuff as much or sometimes even more than i do riding it. And it seems that you can have even more fun riding your trikes if you know its no big deal if something breaks, because you can have fun fixing it too!

Dammit!
08-20-2007, 02:00 AM
Just remember it does become wastful when you lose interest in one or more and allow them to sit and rot. so keep cysling thorugh your collection and biulding new things. That is what I enjoy.

See, if you're going to do it, that's the way. I've known people that keep stuff for YEARS and years and years and by the time anybody tries to do anything with the stuff, it's rotted away to nothing.

I'm going to try to stick to the philosophy that if I don't think I'm going to finish something up within a year, maybe two depending on what it is, it's gotta go. There will be more for me to find and work on when the couple projects that I have are done and released back into the wild. :lol:

atc110RED
08-20-2007, 05:09 AM
Why is everyone so against trr here? We're all here to share an interest in trikes, so live and let live, we all persue that interest in different ways, and with different means. Not everyone has the budget to build mint trikes.

Chevy200s
08-20-2007, 09:57 AM
UM U TOOK 3RD????? idont recall u taking 3rd and ive watched the dvd at least 3 times..

yeah I'm pretty sure that was the first race, I saw it on youtube as well. yeah the second race is where I got third and a cool trophy at the awards ceremony, next year I hope to do better. To everyone still on topic in this thread I apologize, I usually try to avoid hijacking posts when I can help it

fla 2-stroke
08-20-2007, 10:18 AM
team red rider is the kingpin of southwest fla trike parts.I say get as much stuff as you can.It is always fun to get a good deal on parts.hey kingpin,did you find me a carb for my tri-z yet?

team-red-rider
08-20-2007, 03:11 PM
hey the 125M is rideable now...i used the TRX to make it run

oldskool83
08-20-2007, 03:18 PM
so what ya gonna do with all that.....um....stuff?

84honda200s
08-21-2007, 12:05 AM
yea i like to rebuild beaters too. hell my first trike was a train wreck off ebay for 150 bux. it ran and moved but thats all it did. then i bought a frame from a member here and built an auto x with the help of trr and only the "older" other members.

Billy Golightly
08-21-2007, 12:11 AM
FOR THE LAST TIME! If you don't have anything positive and worthwhile to add to a thread then keep your pie hole SHUT

runaway
08-21-2007, 12:25 AM
hello all

hey trr good buy there!if your getting tired of every one being butinskis because u collect parts, grab some parts grab your sledge hammer set up camera post videos of you destroying the parts. maybe they wont be so mad that some parts may fall thru the cracks due to rust.

and u would think that if he has all these parts and bikes thats one less on the market that in turn will increase the value of every ones parts and bikes!

and no i hardly sell anything i always get sellers remorse so i stock pile it u never know when you might need that part.

Jim mac
08-21-2007, 01:04 AM
heres a sellers remorse for you. a guy sells me a atc 70 for a 100 bucks, He tossed a spare motor in with it, I get it running, sell the trike, end up with the motor just sitting there. I buy a Z50 minibike, fix it up and get it running, I end up selling the mini, figure what do I need a atc 70 motor for? I give it to the kid so he can make a big bore 50 out of it. Now theres a atc 70 for sale without a motor for 50 bucks! DOH. Jim

bigreddaddy
09-03-2007, 03:18 AM
Wow. I can't believe how some people feel the need to tell other members what to do with their trikes, parts, their yard. Geeez.
Most of the trikes I have were just given to me from people who didn't want to mess with them anymore and wanted to give them to someone who could use them.
Just last week a guy gave me two trikes AND delivered them to my house. FREE. One is a 200E which is in good shape, and I already have a complete parts/restore 200E. So now I don't have to buy parts for my 200E project.
The other trike is a 1985 200S in GREAT shape. Can't beat that deal with a stick! I also picked up a Kawasaki Mojave 110 a few months ago in GREAT shape for $50. The funny thing is these deals just landed in my lap.

Anyway, I agree with those who have just as much fun wrenching on these old trikes as riding them, and that satisfaction you get when you bring one of these babies back to life with your own 2 hands.