PDA

View Full Version : trimoto 125 piston/uni/port/jet questions

Sparkadelic
08-18-2007, 02:42 PM
1. Bored our 125 out 2 sizes over std. New piston and rings.
2. want to put uni on in place of air box.
3. i am porting/polishing my intake and exhaust ports.

-Should I be replacing the wrist pin (cylindrical)bearing?
-with the new piston(size), uni and porting will I need to jet right away? I will obviously watch it early on. But can I break it in and then start jetting? I guess I kinda answered that one on my own. I guess what I am wondering is......will I have to do some jetting with the few mods I am doing.....in your opinion(s)?

I am also considering new reed valves(price seems ok). Will new reeds also make a considerable difference when it comes to jetting? I am 99% sure the reeds have never been changed and for (I think about) $30 it seems like a smart investment performance wise. So I guess I should do that before I start jetting, correct?

I have never done a 2 stroke (on my own) before. So bear with me. I am not looking for a ton of power. I just want to get it back together and make a few minor mod's since it is tore apart anyways.

I am also getting rid of oil reservoir/tank and am going to premix. I have read on here to go 32:1 with synthetic. Except I have read that others do not agree with the whole synthetic route. My question is not what I should use, but if I go conventional is the ratio the same?

Thanks for any and all help/suggestions. This forum really is great and I probably wouldn't try the rebuild with out all the help and info on here.

Brad