PDA

View Full Version : a few triz 250 engine questions

sblt500r
08-16-2007, 10:09 PM
whats the fork to gear wear limit? i get about .013 on 2 of them. the forks look new but are loose in the gear.

what is a good fix for the gromet around the stator wires? i have to think about what i'm gonna do, and would like to see what other people have done. not gonna use silicone sealant!

pickleweasel_00
08-16-2007, 10:23 PM
maybe use some black weather strip adhesive? when itdries it is still flexible and will do a really good job sealing things up. I used it to seal some cracks on my intake boot and it has worked great so far

sblt500r
08-20-2007, 01:15 PM
still looking for the shift fork specs. i know someone has a manual laying around

ATC-Eric
08-20-2007, 02:49 PM
You can download a manual from Dammits signiture, I dont have mine in front of me.

As far as the stater wires, I would get a heat shrink for it.

ColeTrickle
08-20-2007, 03:02 PM
My manual doesn't give an endplay spec for fork to gear. I wouldn't worry too much about a measurement, just that there is some play and no wear marks on either contact surface. Burn marks on the fork usually indicate a bent fork. ;)

Yamahondaman
08-20-2007, 03:19 PM
what is a good fix for the gromet around the stator wires? i have to think about what i'm gonna do, and would like to see what other people have done. not gonna use silicone sealant!

i had a BRAND NEW Gromet from a Clutch Perch that i used on Craig's Motor. worked GRAET !! i'll see if he has any pics