PDA

View Full Version : Trike killed in terrible accident!

Trikeaholic
05-10-2003, 08:25 PM
I just told this story to Dyno on the phone, but its funny and I will share it. (I wish I took a pic-but I was toooo peeed off!)

OK, Im getting my camper ready for Haspin, It spent the winter parked out back of my property with a tyvek RV cover on it. This is the first winter I have owned it, so I was hoping that it survived the winter without any water damage or frozen plumbing. I uncovered it and everything seemed fine, although both batteries were dead as hell. It would not take a jump start from my little Mazda pickup. The RV is a 25 foot class C 1978 ElDorado on a GMC chassis- 400CI small block, Automatic tranny. So, anyway, I put the battery on the charger, and got it started. Lil Holic and I took it down the road and it ran good and drove decent, but the radials seemed to "square off" a little over winter. (Its parked on wood blocks, so it wouldnt sink). I took it over by the house, so I could plug in the shore power and fill and flush the plumbing of all the anti freeze, and vaccum it out, clean it up, etc. By this time, the ol lady had come outside and she and the lil holic were in the camper sitting around and whatever. I was outside filling the water tank, and stopped for a minute to go in the camper to turn on the pumps, and run all the faucets and the toilet to get the anti freeze out. While I was doing the toilet or bathtub, I cant remember, I hear this loud "CLUNK" and look up, the lil holic is running from the front of the truck, and the wife is looking at me, eyes as big as saucers, "I DONT KNOW WHAT HE DID!??!!" As I was walking forward, I could not tell that the rig was rolling backwards until I head a subltle "SMASH", and then the rig kinda bucked a little. By this time, I was in olympic sprint mode to the driver seat, a leap with my left leg extended landed my foot squarely on the brake pedal. The movement stopped, and I saw the shifter in "L". You younger guys woudlnt remember older vehicles that you could shift into any gear whenever, for whatever reason you wanted. I looked out the window, and we hadn't rolled very far, so I scolded the boy, swatted his butt, and went outside. Underneath the rear of the camper was one of the lil holics trikes. It has been rolled over by the camper, thats what that subtle smash and bucking was. It was pinned underneath the waste water tank, and had ripped the skirting behind the bumper clean off. There was no way to drive off of it without hurting the camper more. Needless to say, I was EXTREMLEY pissed off, and the kid was crying a river. The trike was on its side, handlebars bent, just trapped under there, and it wasnt coming out.( Now this is when I should have calmed down and gotten the digi cam) It wasnt a motorized trike that got run over, wich I bet everyone is thinking, and that was kind of the teaser of this tale, it was his BT-7 pnuematic tire pedal trike. and to get it out, I had to disassemble it from underneath the camper. I should have taken a pic. :rolleyes:

hrc200x
05-10-2003, 11:18 PM
I thought you were going to say the "Tiny T3" got ran over.

Bill X_R
05-10-2003, 11:44 PM
Swewwwww!!!...thought it was a motorized one (guess I should say engineized one...motor's run off electricity, not gas)

Good story man....how old's "The Boy" ?

p.s. What does "L" stand for...my Dad always told me it ment "Leap" Leap 1 and Leap 2 ;)

Howdy
05-11-2003, 12:23 AM
p.s. What does "L" stand for...my Dad always told me it ment "Leap" Leap 1 and Leap 2 ;)

L = Low The older trannys had
P R N D 2 L

Howdy

TrikeKid
05-11-2003, 12:57 AM
Dude u scared the !@$# out of me u should have said tricycle not trike! i thought u killed the mini tec or the zinger or heaven forrbid the Tiger! :o

Bill X_R
05-11-2003, 07:23 AM

L = Low The older trannys had
P R N D 2 L

Howdy

LOL I know Howdy...I was kidding...but for the longest time I did think it was Leap. We would be driving down the road behind a car, and I'd be like "come on Dad put it in Leap and jump this car"

kyle
05-11-2003, 10:09 PM
when i was 3 or 4 i left my power wheels 3 wheeler out by the curb next to my neighbors trash, and well, next day it was gone. so i assume it was eaten by the trash truck. mom said i cryed for days :( dont know if my post is related to this topic but thought i would share :D

Andrew
05-11-2003, 10:47 PM
sorry 2 hear the bad news holic,but there was a funny part in that story"by this time i was in olympic sprint mode" lol