PDA

View Full Version : Mikuni carbs?

tri-z_250R
08-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Ok, well I was wondering how one would tell what series his Mikuin carb was so I would be able to buy the right kind of jets for it. To the best of my knowlege it's a stock '85 t3 carb. Also what is the stock, main and pilot jet sizes. And looking at this carb I'm not seeing an air mixture screw like on the keihin 2 stroke carbs, is there suppose to be one? The only external screw I see is the Idle screw. I also can not find anyone who sells a rebuild it for the 85 t3 carb, anyone have any suggestions as to where I might look?

tecat-z
08-16-2007, 12:16 AM
You're right, no air screw. :crazy: Those carbs are usually worn out anyhow, considering how old they are. And even if you could get a so called 'rebuild kit', It would not correct the wear that occours between the slide and the bore it rides against. It will be the equivalent of an airleak, and cause eratic idling and frustrating tuning. On top of that, not being able to fine tune with airscrew, just the changing of the pilots is crude at best. Consider that carb to be :banned: New round slide Mikuni carbs, 34-36mm run $90-110. And offer full tuning capabilities. Common parts and reliability. It's not a race carb, but i used a 34 all last year with a different tune up, and it worked very well for me at the time.:cool: