PDA

View Full Version : anyone run a dial-a-jet?

TRI Z Racer
05-10-2003, 07:26 PM
anyone in here have a dial-a-jet on their carb, hows it work, is it worth the money? any noticable difference?

ATCRYDER
05-10-2003, 08:06 PM
I did some research on em. Definently not for a n00bie as they are pretty much advertised for. Very easy to F-up your machine with one click of the "dial"!

86250RZ
05-12-2003, 01:01 PM
Not true, Very user friendly easy to install and worth every penny. You get much better throttle response and a little better topend. I highly recomend. Trying to locate DirtWheels test (I will post when I find it) on dial-a-jet they were very impressed, they tested it on Raptor & 400EX. I have one on My 86R and will be getting one soon for my 85R.

r

mudduck14843
05-12-2003, 02:12 PM
where can i get one for my 200x ?

86250RZ
05-12-2003, 06:39 PM
www.rockymountainatv.com

FullBore
05-13-2003, 10:19 AM
www.thunderproducts.com

TRI Z Racer
05-13-2003, 11:04 AM
so does it eliminate your existing jets, or is it a supplement type thing? Do you have to rejet your carb once you put one on?

86250RZ
05-13-2003, 11:54 AM
Your jetting must be correct from the beginning. If jetting is not correct do not install Dial-A-Jet untill you have it right. What makes the D. A. .J worth having is that no mattter how hot, humid or cold and no matter the altitude
you never have to pull carb again just click the dial +1 or -1 to get it back to proper jetting I have had one for 4 months and love it. It also fills in all the lean spots in power curve that stock fuel circuits cannot, the fuel comming from your jet in carb carry heavy (raw) fuel and the fuel from the D. A. J. is emulsified ( i.e. much lighter fuel) and is much richer in oxygen therefor you get a cleaner & better burn of your fuel, in turn you get better throttle response better low end and a little better top end.

Joel85350X
05-13-2003, 12:38 PM
I installed a dial-a-jet on my 350X when I did the engine and exhaust upgrades recently. Prior to the upgrades, my jetting was a hair lean, but it made good power. After the upgrades I was sure I was going to be way too lean, so I got the dial a jet. Of the four settings, I run the leanest setting, and it adds just enough fuel to smooth out every portion of throttle position and my A/F ratio is excellent. I highly recommend this product, but I would be patient with it. If your jetting is right on right now, you may have problems with a rich condition even on the leanest dial-a-jet setting because it always adds fuel. If you are a bit lean now, this might be a great addition for you.

mudduck14843
05-13-2003, 01:26 PM
not to change the subject but
i have seen all the post ao this and i still don't know what to try
my 200x is almost done 80 over bore, stainless valves, dg exhaust. stock carb

should i get a bigger carb?
(if so any body got one?)
will the stock jet work ? too lean? too rich?
bigger or small jet to start?(if needed)
will i notice a difference if i put it on my trike?

FullBore
05-13-2003, 03:41 PM
The DAJ is only supposed to add fuel if it is needed, thats how it was designed, it wasn't designed soley to suppliment a lean mixture, its an all throttle positon smoothing jet that adds fuel only when needed and kills flat spots.

Nat

Dial-A-Jet is an add fuel only device. You cannot add fuel to an engine that is running rich or has an adequate fuel supply and hope to gain horsepower. You must create a lean condition so that Dial-A-Jet has a window of opportunity to function. Dial-A-Jet will automatically fill in the lean areas of the fuel curve giving you optimum performance. The fine emulsified fuel charge can't displace the heavier poorly atomized fuel from the other circuits so it takes the path of least resistance and fills in the lean mix areas eliminating fuel spiking and giving you a consistent fuel flow pattern producing stable temperatures and horsepower. The only way Dial-A-Jet can fail to perform is if you do not get the carburetor within range of the Dial-A-Jet. This usually means that the main jet is too large. You must create a slightly lean condition so the Dial-A-Jet has a working range. This is typically about three or four jet sizes below a properly jetted machine. A single Dial-A-Jet will deliver 10% to 15% of your overall fuel curve in an emulsified state. There are five automatic fuel ranges you can select from on each Dial-A-Jet. Simply rotate the dial to raise or lower your fuel curve. With Dial-A-Jet each carburetor can be adjusted independently. This is a huge advantage for maximizing the full potential of each cylinder while giving you great protection against burn down.

86250RZ
05-13-2003, 03:45 PM
Well said :)

TRI Z Racer
05-14-2003, 10:48 PM
i feel enlightened!!