PDA

View Full Version : Newb here - just was given my first project

CRyan41
08-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Hello all - I'm Corey from the great state of Mississippi. Don't get me as a redneck just yet. No, I've yet to really experience any kind of ATV off roading, trail riding, or whatever. However - I'm wanting to get into trikes/ATV's because of the capabilities. I've been involved with speed for most of my life (yes, all 19 years of it) being around boats, cars, you name it (except ATV's) and I've seen it. Anyway - back on track.

Day before yesterday a door was opened for me. I was GIVEN a 1986 Kawasaki 250 Tecate engine. It needs rebuilding, and, well hell, I've decided to do it. I hope this to turn into a project 3wheeler soon, but am in need of a frame and yada yada. Because all I've got - is an engine.

I've been told it was the strongest motor on a trike and what not, but I know how opinions are (there like the hole, everyone's got one).

Anywho - I'm really just posting this to find out as much info as I can on this. I've searched, gotten spec's and what not, but no real feedback about the engine. Could someone please tell me that this is a good engine (without lying) and that I could do something with this. I've got the engine, carb, exhaust etc., without the CDI box.

All I know of the engine is that it has a wiesco (sp?) piston and has been re-sleeved 5 over. Go ahead and laugh - probably said something wrong. O yes, its also got some kind of DG exhaust?

I'm hoping to do some light modifications on this, but don't want it to be ungodly unsafe. I want to have fun, and go fast, but don't feel the need to go through injuries from it doing it.

Sorry so long - Thanks for all the help in advance -

Corey.

SYKO
08-14-2007, 12:19 AM
hola gringo welcoem to the boards!! im not a tecate fan but jsut give it alittle those pesky green trike riders will chime in soon enough! and its no fun unless its ungodly unsafe evil demon death machine!! GIT IT RAGG!

84honda200s
08-14-2007, 12:27 AM
from what ive seen and herd they are ok engines. not the best in the world but certainly not the worst either. it will cost you a bit to build it from the ground up. i cant tell you much about it or the trike it mounts too but there are a few guys on here that love the green machines and will chime in.

welcome to 3ww. the worlds largest and best known site for people that love trikes.

team-red-rider
08-14-2007, 12:30 AM
GIT IT RAAAGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
WELCOME TO 3ww!
and the Tecates had a weak flywheel make sure to check that out
and im sure u can find a Tecate roller pretty cheap....just check around