PDA

View Full Version : rotor painting?

oldskool83
08-10-2007, 03:12 PM
can i paint my rotors? i think i can but just wondering if i should use a high temperature paint or have them power coated also?

also with getting my front wheel hub and swingarm painted, should i remove the bearings and seal before they go for power coating?

Bryan Raffa
08-10-2007, 04:55 PM
all bearings and seals need to be removed along with any grease.PC bakes on at over 1,200 degrees so seals would melt and any grease will flow like water and mess up the coating, put some old nuts and bolts in the threded areas or you will have to tap them out after. I had grease come out of my neck and it actually cought the gun and oven on fire! I got real black flame marks under the clear on my frame..:naughty: :lol:

dont paint your rotors..if you do only the center where the hub bolts up

oldskool83
08-10-2007, 07:31 PM
yes the center is what i was talking about. the 200x's had a ugly whitish gray color. im looking at black inside.

KASEY
08-10-2007, 07:37 PM
you know the rotors are stainless steel,,, you can polish them,, they look like chrome and never rust,,,

dreadhed
08-10-2007, 07:46 PM
You can PC them. PC bakes at 400, sometimes less. Take every thing apart & clean it as well as you can. It is cheaper to do it yourself. I charge people $50 a hour to clean/degrease parts.