PDA

View Full Version : Trike haters

Shawn72
08-09-2007, 08:44 AM
I'm sure this has been said before, but the next time I hear a 4 wheel riding guy say "man those things are dangerous" I'm going to slap the piss out of him!!

SYKO
08-09-2007, 08:48 AM
no dont slap him! just tell him HELL YEA THERE DANGEROUS MY 250R CARRIES A GUN! dont piss it off or it will put a cap in yo' ass!

brrcuda
08-09-2007, 09:29 AM
This winter a guy pulled up to me and started to talk to me. I was on my Tri-z at the time blasting some snow covered trails. This guy was riding some older 4x4 quad with bald front tires. He had no helmet on and riding with his 4 year old on the front of the quad, who was barely hanging on. He looked down at his son and said "those were banned cause they were too dangerous".

I looked back at him and just smiled cause he was doing the most irresponsible thing riding with his 4 year old on the front of his old ratty quad. I just said - "all ATVs are dangerous you just got to know how to ride them". He agreed.

If your gonna ride trikes, your always gonna hear some of this *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*. Part of the territory i guess.

I have to say this summer everywhere i have taken my trike, even on atv club rides, I get a lot of respect on the trails, usually a small crowd around my 20 year old trike at the parking lots. Its nice to be different.

oldskool83
08-09-2007, 09:33 AM
i hear it all the time when i am working on mine in the front yard. i really dont care what they say, i wanted a 200x since i was just a little boy, but jeeze to people stare l ike your just standing there naked in public.

toocheaptosmoke
08-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I get that all time, I just laugh it off. I love seing people's reactions to my three wheeler :lol:

johnny's X
08-09-2007, 10:48 AM
well oldskool you really should be dressed when working on it in the front lawn.

oldskool83
08-09-2007, 10:57 AM
i am dressed...

Dracus124
08-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Yeah one time i flipped my 185 on some whoops and i was just laying there for a few minutes when some dudes riding double on a tt-r125 showed up and one dude said

"Hey!! You ok?"

I got up and said "Yeah"

The he said "I knew three wheelers were dangerous"

I said "Not as dangerous as you and your brother riding double without helmets." I walked over to the trike, flipped it back over on its wheels, checked it out, and it started first pull and i just rode off like nothing happened lol

oldsking86
08-09-2007, 11:31 AM
I like living on the edge :naughty:

Best part is when you race that person and you beat their NEW 4 wheeler, the look on their face is priceless :lol:

atc110RED
08-09-2007, 12:11 PM
I got told they were banned and dangerous and flip on every corner. Someone told me i should scrap my 70 because of these facts, despite it being in good condition!

84honda200s
08-09-2007, 12:40 PM
i catch allot of crap too. but every none believer i see i turn them into a understander.

grafitti911
08-09-2007, 01:29 PM
in the u.p. mich i herd them talkin smack on the radio bought how dangerous they are and that they arent arround anymore huh funny thing ive been working on mine this whole summer n i have a few friends that have them last fall a guy pulled up on me when i was on the trails n said to me nice bike he was on a 4x4 he challenged me in the mud i beat him n then he was like you can get yourself killed on it i told him everything ppl own that has a moter is dangerous you just gotta know how to use it you use it stupidly yea you can get killed you gotta know your trike & how to handle her

El'Capitan
08-09-2007, 01:55 PM
haha, you have to be on crack to think that trikes are just as safe as quads.

they tip over easier on corners ect.....

team-red-rider
08-09-2007, 02:29 PM
um? im pretty sure trikes are safer =] u dont see little kids on 4 wheel bikes do ya? =] hmm nope! theyre on TRIKES!

84honda200s
08-09-2007, 02:42 PM
they tip over easier on corners ect.....

only if your too dam lazy to lean. :crazy: you dont lean well..... you tend to crash. just like riding a vintage snowmobile .

honda_atc200es
08-09-2007, 02:49 PM
"if its mean you gotta lean" i heard that somewhere

chris200x
08-09-2007, 03:35 PM
This winter a guy pulled up to me and started to talk to me. I was on my Tri-z at the time blasting some snow covered trails. This guy was riding some older 4x4 quad with bald front tires. He had no helmet on and riding with his 4 year old on the front of the quad, who was barely hanging on. He looked down at his son and said "those were banned cause they were too dangerous".

I looked back at him and just smiled cause he was doing the most irresponsible thing riding with his 4 year old on the front of his old ratty quad. I just said - "all ATVs are dangerous you just got to know how to ride them". He agreed.

If your gonna ride trikes, your always gonna hear some of this *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*. Part of the territory i guess.

I have to say this summer everywhere i have taken my trike, even on atv club rides, I get a lot of respect on the trails, usually a small crowd around my 20 year old trike at the parking lots. Its nice to be different.

The only people that give me a hassle about my wheelers are my close personal freinds. :rolleyes: (just bustin chops of coarse!) as for meeting folks out on the trail. It's always been "wow! I haven't seen one of those in a long time!" or "That thing is in great shape for it's age!"

As for your comment about being diffrent. Well you hit the nail on the head with that statement Paul. :beer When your out riding.. all you see is raptors and banshees... BORING!!!

Now,, how often do you see nice tri z's or tecates etc. out on the trials? Almost never. I think this is one of the biggest factors in my addiction. I love the attention I get. Well that,, and I can't a fford a new raptor or banshee!!! :banned: :D

3wheelerbandit
08-09-2007, 05:22 PM
yeah, i like to lead by example on mine, every time i see a quad when im riding i usually show my a** a little and give a demonstration to leave them scratching their headz.

the good ol poor mans 4 wheeler!:beer

_brad_
08-09-2007, 06:08 PM
I had some retard at Autozone ask me what some spark plugs were for that I was buying.. I said for my 3-wheeler.

He told me I should get rid of it.

I laughed at hime. :lol:

team-red-rider
08-09-2007, 06:36 PM
he prlly wanted it! lol

VenomRS4
08-09-2007, 08:26 PM
I cant remember who said it, but the statement about turning people from trike haters into trike lovers is what i prefer to do. The problem is that most people who hate them have never even ridden one. They only go by what they have heard and seen in the media. One ride on a trike and most people are hooked. I have changed many minds by just letting people take my Tri-Z or 250R for a spin.

84honda200s
08-09-2007, 09:01 PM
I cant remember who said it, but the statement about turning people from trike haters into trike lovers is what i prefer to do. The problem is that most people who hate them have never even ridden one. They only go by what they have heard and seen in the media. One ride on a trike and most people are hooked. I have changed many minds by just letting people take my Tri-Z or 250R for a spin.

i didnt say into lover i said in to believer. witch is true threw and threw
. take my friend father. he hated them he took my old s for a spin and his attitude changed. he still dont love them like us but he dont hate em anymore. thats all i wanted is for him do understand that they get a bad rep as you said.

JasonB
08-09-2007, 09:13 PM
no dont slap him! just tell him HELL YEA THERE DANGEROUS MY 250R CARRIES A GUN! dont piss it off or it will put a cap in yo' ass!

BWWWAAAHAAAHAHAHAHA thats funny right there! these threads are priceless

pickleweasel_00
08-09-2007, 09:17 PM
yeah, I rode my buddies wolverine the other day and was glad to get back on my three wheeler! felt too big and akward for me, just not used to that much crap under the handlebars!

honda250sx
08-09-2007, 10:20 PM

Where would the trikin' world be without SYKO:w00t:

JasonB
08-09-2007, 10:23 PM
my 83 250r ate a baby!

84honda200s
08-10-2007, 12:17 AM
jeez man these things are killers. mine chased a cop down and mugged him. dam thing came home with a 45 mag, night stick, and cuffs. it then proceeded to cuff me beat me and almost shot me. i asked him why why you doing this. he said "didnt you know im deadly ?" dam cpsc even has the trikes thinking their deadly.

maybe i should get a quad or bike. :confused:

tecat-z
08-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Well, being a frequent attendee at Silver Lake dunes, i have noticed increased curiosity in our groups trikes. Never really hear any bad comments, but lots of " i remember those, or, i knew someone that had one, or, just someone pointing and throwing the thumbs up." We always get lots of attention since we all keep out trikes clean and running good. But my favorite one is dam, that thing runs hard!! Love the compliments. Long live the trike!!

Rustytinhorn
08-10-2007, 01:12 AM
I too get a lot of people that come up and say "man, I havent seen one of those in a long time", or " I remember when I used to have one of those". Plus you are the center of the crowd everywhere you go. I love all the attention. lol On the other hand, I get a generous amount of the "aren't those thing dangerous" comments. I say somethin like "Your right, I think that was the third or fourth time I got killed on it last week", or "I'm still alive, ain't I?". " Ya, your 4 wheeler has air bags, doesn't it?"

My friend accross the street always thought I was a slowpoke cuz I would just putt along on my Atc 200, and it drove him absolutely nuts when he would follow me. Until one day when I told him I got a new headgasket on my 250r and upped my compression a bunch and that I was ready to race. All the sudden he couldn't race me until he had a new headgasket too. HA!! So then the next day I asked if he wanted to go for a ride,:naughty: :naughty:. We had one of those "silent start" type of races where you just take off without warning on an asphalt road. I beat his YZ490 through the first 3 gears, then he passed me in fourth and we come to a corner and slowed down. Not too bad I thought. But once we got to the dirt trials I let it loose. A couple miles of this and I stopped to wait for him, and when he caught up his excuse "I had to slow down for the corners." HA!!

Before I had my top end jetting I raced a Raptor 660 through 5th gear and came out about 2 bike lengths behind. Upon arrival back to his house I said I though my little 250r did pretty good back there against a 660. I guess he was planning on wasting me, and didn't quite get far enough ahead to take the pride trophy home. His excuse "Well yours is a two stroke, so that doesn't really count."

Dont know how I got onto racing, but I love unintentionally turning heads just puttin by one my bikes.

blue27
08-10-2007, 04:25 AM
read this one, its horrible, I am about to write and say how much of an idiot this guy is but its really not worth it!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda-125-three-wheeler-atc-local-pickup-only_W0QQitemZ140146592787QQihZ004QQcategoryZ43977 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cr480r
08-10-2007, 05:07 AM
read this one, its horrible, I am about to write and say how much of an idiot this guy is but its really not worth it!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda-125-three-wheeler-atc-local-pickup-only_W0QQitemZ140146592787QQihZ004QQcategoryZ43977 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

well its kinda true... It CAN tip over easily... and they arent safe for just anyone to get on and ride... there are potential buyers out there that would come back and say "I didn't know it was dangerous" or "i didnt think he would get hurt".... I love 3-wheelers, but I perfectly understand why my dad wouldnt buy me one...

I'm sure this has been said before, but the next time I hear a 4 wheel riding guy say "man those things are dangerous" I'm going to slap the piss out of him!!

Most people that say things like that are jealous that they dont have the skill or sack required to shred on 3 wheels... Ironically they are usually sitting on a raptor 660... which IMO are more dangerous than any trike I've rode...

scooterroo
08-10-2007, 07:46 AM
i usually say, "ah, your not riding it are you?", or "no they arent dangerous, you just need to know how to ride!!!!"or " it might be dangerous and unstable, but so's the driver, lol ahahahahahaha." but usually alls i hear is compliments and "can i take it for a ride?"

toocheaptosmoke
08-10-2007, 10:58 AM
" it might be dangerous and unstable, but so's the driver, lol ahahahahahaha."

bwahahahaha, I'm going to use that one!:lol:

junkrider
08-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Or, one could simply scream "NO THEY AREN'T DANGEROUS! I AM!!!" and run off screaming while flailing arms in the air.

I get the same crap about my guns. Ain't been shot by one yet. But I sleep with one eye open.

-mike

j.Lawson
08-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Junkrider, aqua teen hunger force :beer , one of my favorite's.

Anyway, what really gets me is that 90% if not more ofthe people who wanna point out how dangerous the 3 wheeler your riding is have never rode one.
They'v just heard everyone say it, so they say it. One of my buddy's even said it when I brought a tri-z home, whats funny is he rode my dirtbike, went in a straight line at the speed of fart, and fell over in a patch of tall grass. I was like atleast with the trike you would'nt have fallen over :crazy:

Shawn72
08-11-2007, 08:06 AM

That's funny brrcuda. I had a similar situation. I pulled up next to a Harley rider on my 600 Ninja. I had on a full face helmet, leathers and gloves. This guy had no helmet, shorts and smoking a Winston. He said "man those things will kill you" lol I just shook my head and zipped off.

riverrat
08-11-2007, 11:19 AM

OMG this guy is a tard. First he says how he replaced the clutch plates, then goes on to tell us that it is clutchless?

Then look at the wheels, how could you ever go straight with one tire being so much bigger than the other?

Of course that thing is dangerous, it pops out of gear, has a clutchless clutch, and has two different size tires on a solid axle.

Rider error.

Whenever people tell me that 3 wheelers are dangerous, I just tell them, no-one told me 25 years ago when I started riding them, and I've never been hurt, although I did ride a 4 wheeler once, and got hurt.

junkrider
08-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Junkrider, aqua teen hunger force :beer , one of my favorite's.

Anyway, what really gets me is that 90% if not more ofthe people who wanna point out how dangerous the 3 wheeler your riding is have never rode one.
They'v just heard everyone say it, so they say it. One of my buddy's even said it when I brought a tri-z home, whats funny is he rode my dirtbike, went in a straight line at the speed of fart, and fell over in a patch of tall grass. I was like atleast with the trike you would'nt have fallen over :crazy:

Thanks!

lmao, sounds like your friend is the dangerous one.