PDA

View Full Version : 84 Yamaha 200 E...HELP!!!

stocktod
08-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Hey all, I've got an 84 Yamaha 200 E that I've had for years. I used to ride it all the time, but then went off to school, yada, yada, and it hasn't been riden in about 6 years! So, finally started taking it apart for a complete overhaul.

Does anybody have a repair manual for this bike? I'm hesitant to start taking the engine and rear end apart until I get a manual to see what I'm working with.

Anybody else that has done this before and has advise...I'm all ears! :beer

stocktod
08-09-2007, 07:35 AM
I keep thinking of more questions...anybody know of a place to get a new exhaust for one of these? Is it possible to take a new slip-on and fit it to a header? Just trying to think of ways to make it work. I really don't like the trumpet exhausts.

_brad_
08-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Clymer manual is a must, Ebay and dealers for parts.

Type in ytm in an ebay search and enjoy.

Yamahauler
08-09-2007, 08:53 PM
search "dammit!" here on the forums to get your manual. then it is easy to rebuild. i did it and it started up so i must of done something right.

pickleweasel_00
08-09-2007, 09:19 PM
i think denniskirk.com might have another dg exhaust system for it, mine was about $125 a couple of years ago...

stocktod
08-10-2007, 08:37 PM
i found the clymer manual on here...thanks for the pointer.

i've been scouring ebay lately...i think my fiance thinks im obsessed. she's probably right!

thanks for pointing to denniskirk.com...looks like some good stuff on there. i'll let you all know what i can find. i finally got the bike all apart and have to get the frame work done now. i'm thinking that i'll powder coat the frame and some other misc parts, just have to find somebody around here to do the work. wish me luck!