PDA

View Full Version : Guy's i hope i did this right - Valve's / Feeler Gauge

ceaserthethird
08-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Ok i did - Valve Adjustments on 2 of the 3 wheelers

I hope i did this Right ? ? ?

1st. ATC 350X - Followed Manual Direction's , Rotate the Crankshaft Counter Clockwise Align the T mark on the Flywheel with the idex mark on the left crank case cover. ( i did Notice a F mark sideways but i skip this mark ) Also the Valves were up not down . ( took the spark plug out made sure the piston was on top )

Now i think i might of made a mistake here :eek: - Manual States

- VALVE CLEARANCE -
Intake - 0.08 MM (0.003 in )
Exhaust - 0.08 MM (0.003 in )

---> ON the Feeler Gauge i bought I used the Feeler Gauge number- 008 MM
( Feeler gauge didn't have a 0.08 )

Their was no - 0.003 in Feeler gauge !

Did i use the Correct Feeler Gauge ? ? ? ? ? :wondering :confused:

2nd. ATC 70

Now for the 70 i did the same as above - But it calls for Spark Plug removed ...

Align the T mark with the idex mark made sure the piston was on top

Valve Clearance -

0.05 mm ( 0.002 in ) Exhaust and Intake

I used the feeler gauge - 005 mm

Again this feeler gauge didn't have the ( 0.05 mm ) mark it calls for in the manual.

Did i use the correct feeler gauge ? ? ? ?

Am i using the Correct Valve Clearance on both ATC's ? ? ?

Also why doesn't the feeler Gauge have a --> . like the manual states

Last did i use the correct Feeler Gauge on bothe ATC's ? ? ?:confused:

My First Valve adjustment -

SWIGIN
08-06-2007, 07:02 PM
sounds like you got a odd feeler gauge there

the .003 and .002 are thousandths of a inch and both should be thin like thick paper....if not id find a gauge with thousandths and repeat

84honda200s
08-06-2007, 07:04 PM
looks like you did ok. you will tell when you start them. as for the gauges the 0.08 aka 008 is metric and the 0.003 is standard. (my feeler gages are the same way. they never put the . between the numbers.)

either way its the same measurement but in different measurement form. (if it makes sense lol im made at putting thoughts into words sorry) i think you did good from what i read.

ceaserthethird
08-07-2007, 06:18 PM
It took me for ever ... i spent 6 hours on the 350X ( starts first or second kick cold )

& 3 hours on the 70 ( Start's on first pull cold )

I tripple checked everything !

Dirtcrasher
08-07-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm with SWIGIN, .003 is about a sheet of paper. They may be starting right up etc but take a good look at those fellers you used - the one you used should be real thin. A decent set of inch feelers is about 10$.

Most people can't hold the setting, the tighten the locknut and it gets tighter. Ya really have to have a feel for it to be comfortable with it and then it's a 30 minute job.

Props for given it a go.....:beer

ceaserthethird
08-07-2007, 07:21 PM
I got the measurements right , Paper thin yes !

I used a Millimeter feeler gauge as the book calls for , or you can use a Standard Feeler gauge .

i made sure it was correct ... i check and re-check , than rotated the crank and timing mark and re-check ...

84honda200s
08-07-2007, 07:24 PM
so you got em all adjusted ? thats good. i herd the 350x is a cold hearted trike anyways man. so i imagine 2 kicks aint all that bad.