PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Trailtech computer?

GoodKarma
08-05-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm considering one of these to use on one of my machines, and curious if anyone has some pros/cons that they would like to share. The idea seems sort of cool to me, and if nothing else, a temperature gauge as well as speed or distance traveled to help regulate fuel range would be nice.

http://i20.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/7a/62/3ae2_1_b.JPG

TravEX
08-05-2007, 01:14 PM
I've been looking at the Vapor.

I've ran a Trailtech on my 400EX for 4-5 years. Works ok. Just basic features of top speed, average speed, distance, ride time, clock, etc. Setting it up requires measuring the front tire height, and, as you know, tires tend to expand at top speed, so accuracy is an issue for top speed readings. It is good to keep up with hours/miles for maintenance intervals for oil changes, valve adjustments, motor hours.

The Vapor is much more advanced, lots of neat features.

Rustytinhorn
08-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Anyone found anyway to use one of these on a 250r yet?

fast94tracer
08-05-2007, 04:51 PM
they come in kits and are mostly universal and will work on any bike but on a trike you gotta find a way to mount the unit to the bars

but for tach you just do the typical coil connection and for speed you just replace a bolt in you brake rotor with thier magnetic bolt but you will have to find a way to mount the pickup to the swinger and for the temp you just use the supplied water temp sensor and if you are air cooled you buy the park plug tamp sender that you replace the crush washer with

GoodKarma
08-05-2007, 05:28 PM
I've been teasing the idea to make a custom aluminum headlight bezel for the Z, and I think this would be trick to put in the whole package. I REALLY want a temperature gauge (digital is even BETTER), and something to remind me how long I've been riding so I don't run out of fuel. The rest is just eye candy for me, but I wish this had GPS too......................THAT WOULD ROCK!:beer :beer

Rustytinhorn
08-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Wich one does everyone order for there 250r's?
Closest I could find for my '85 250r was one for a 1986, HONDA, TRX 250R FOURTRAX

fast94tracer
08-05-2007, 09:11 PM
that one would work
just about any kit would work