PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't anyone post a follow up??

Dirtcrasher
08-01-2007, 07:39 PM
There are tons of mechanical and electrical or fuel problems posted on this board. But most of the time no one posts an update on how they - got it apart, stopped it from popping out of gear, fixed the jetting and so on and so on. Or what they found but it wasn't worth fixing.

A follow up would really help allot of people with a similar problem. We have all at one time or another experienced the same problem. There aren't too many "stumpers" on this forum unless there isn't enough information given.

Sometimes old posts get brought back from the dead, many of them are still in here somewhere.

I love this forum and I've been here since the original forum (wish I knew what my user name was way back when...) I love it for the people, the ATC's, the riding etc, but I enjoy even more when I can help someone else out from my own mistakes and experiences.

Don't be afraid to bring back your original topic and post what you actually had to do to finally fix your problem, it'll help allot of guys out :beer

ProCarbine2k1
08-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Jeez dirt, I told you I got that clutch basket out by YOUR method. What else do ya want?:lol: :lol: I think guys are getting the info they need, fix their trikes, go out riding and forget the follow up. No news is good news maybe?

Mosh
08-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Yep have to agree.We diagnose them, they fix em and Braaapppppp.They are gone ridin.lol

riverrat
08-01-2007, 09:22 PM
I vow to follow up!

I am a work in progress though.

I do build threads with my other hobby, R/C planes. I usually include video at the end.

Here is a sample thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573904

This waym should anyone ever buy that plane, they can reference the thread, and hopefully learn from it.
Anthony

Dirtcrasher
08-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Well, I'm not gonna lie.....

I wanna know, For ME!! :lol: :D :D

pickleweasel_00
08-01-2007, 11:45 PM
I vow to follow up!

I am a work in progress though.

I do build threads with my other hobby, R/C planes. I usually include video at the end.

Here is a sample thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573904

This waym should anyone ever buy that plane, they can reference the thread, and hopefully learn from it.
Anthony

Allright! Another plane builder! I've built a couple, my latest being the Extra 300S. I can get them to fly, the only problem I have is making them land:wondering Haven't messed with them in a couple of years though...

Oh yeah, I'll try to do a better job of follow ups too, hate not finding out if things ended up wirking or not

riverrat
08-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Allright! Another plane builder! I've built a couple, my latest being the Extra 300S. I can get them to fly, the only problem I have is making them land:wondering Haven't messed with them in a couple of years though...

Oh yeah, I'll try to do a better job of follow ups too, hate not finding out if things ended up wirking or not

One word for you....simulators !

They work!

I don't think I have ever crashed due to pilot error (well maybe once), after my first plane and a simulator, and I have over 1,000 flights.

I have crashed due to builder error (me), oh well, let me not hijack.

Follow up! YEA!

BigRedRunner
08-02-2007, 01:59 PM
I do. Now everyone knows you have that you have to grind on a PRM skidplate to make it clear the shock linkage when using a Westcoast swingarm on a liquid-cooled R. Wow, that's a long sentence.:lol: