PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when...

Dammit!
08-01-2007, 07:09 PM
.. you're fixing up a trike or two in order to put them up for sale, then you get second thoughts about selling them because they look so nice? :lol:

Here's my 85 R. Not done yet. Hoping to have it in the local cycle trader next week (not putting it up for sale here on 3WW simply because I'm going to try to get top dollar for it and the prices in Phoenix are nuts right now). Put some custom decals on it today. Took the desert lights off and put an Aussieduner number plate on it. Still need to remove the paint from the kicker, gear shifter and brake lever (don't know what the dude was thinking painting those). Gotta figure which rear wheels I want to let go with it as well. The ones that are on there look out of place.

It's a damn nice looking machine though. Makes me not want to part with it.

Dirtcrasher
08-01-2007, 07:11 PM
It hurts.... But we can't keep them all and have to make choices.

BigRedRunner
08-01-2007, 07:16 PM
I did that with my 200x. I had it sittin' in the back of my truck at work for $750. I had a guy at work offer me $500 so his kid could have it. I told him to get bent. Now it's down the in the basement getting a $1,500+ frame up restoration. I feel stupid for trying to sell it back when. :crazy:

ATC-Eric
08-01-2007, 07:17 PM
That is a real good looking bike! Im bad when it comes to this addiction, I wont sell unless my livelyhood is at stake!

Good luck with the sale!

Dammit!
08-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Here's a couple of my 86 Z. I've been planning to sell this one as well but I really don't want to. I'm actually dreading selling this one more than that sweet looking R (for some reason... ). I'd rather keep it and fix it up but at the same time, the amount of room I have is limited and I still have 200x, 350x and two 70 projects to do.

The only way I'd sell it is if I got a grand for it. Think it's worth it or am I nuts? Needs a thorough cleaning for sure. The pipe is just kinda laying there in the pic. It actually runs good. I'll be pulling it out and getting it cleaned up and ready for sale as soon as I'm done with the R. I have a feeling I won't sell it by the time I do that though. :lol:

I *never* see nice Tri-Z's at Glamis so that's the main reason I'll probably regret selling it if I do. It would be fun to run a pimped out Z at Mother G someday. Thing is it will take me two more years at the pace I'm going with it. :mad:

BigGreenMachine
08-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Good looking R. Shame it has to go.

oldsking86
08-01-2007, 08:04 PM
I soooo want the tires of your Z haha

Sucks to see em go

Yamahondaman
08-01-2007, 08:19 PM

Sucks to see em go

i have a BRAND NEW set of those ... ALL FOUR from an 06 YFZ !!
Hey Doug .... NICE RAGS !!!! GIT IT !! :beer

Dammit!
08-01-2007, 08:22 PM

Sucks to see em go

They're just stock YFZ450 tires. Shouldn't be too hard to find a set for cheap. I might swap those out with some 400ex tires before I sell the trike (assuming I do sell the trike).

SYKO
08-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Im the same way about my 300R I always talk about selling it, then I go out and look at its fine azz and go dayum! baby to to hot to get rid of!

longbedGTs
08-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Im in the same boat right now. Ive put one of my Ranger GTs on eBay which I never imagined doing. It pains me to no end, but its a sacrifice I have to make right now.
The quote 'with every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction' holds true. Something good will come out of your deal. It is green in its most common form. :naughty:
Though, sometimes sentament is priceless.