PDA

View Full Version : Tire reccomendation

J.D.
05-09-2003, 03:39 PM
Ok, everyone says to drop Tri-Z tires 2 inches, right? On the front I have 25x8-12, and on the rear I have 22x11-8. These are stock right? What tires would fit me front, because I don't see and tire sizes 23x8-12. What tires should I get for the terrain I live:I have some hardened dirt(from the rain), but alot of it is loose dirt. Not quite sand, just loose dirt with some hard stuff here and there...I was looking at Fast Trekkers because they're reasonably priced, and the look cool(that's a factor with me, gotta look cool, lol). What would y'all reccomend I do with the front tire situation, and rear tires with my terrain? Thanks

TimSr
05-09-2003, 04:01 PM
Nothing makes my Z happier than All Trax on the rears, and Id stick with 22" on the rear for geometrical reasons. They are excellent for loose traction conditions, like sand and loose dirt, as well as snow and mud which you probbaly dont see much of. Also youll want a heavier thick tire if you see a lot of rocks, which Im sure you do. The front is where dropping a couple inches is desireable, however, your choices of 23" tires for a 12" rim are very few. Dunlop makes a few that resemble OEM. As much as Id rather have a 23" tire, Id be inclined to settle for a 25" with a tread type I want, and raise the forks in the mounts by a couple inches. I like the maxxis Pro XGT, but I see a lot of mud. You might be better of with something like a Dunlop KT401C or something similar.

Russell 350X
05-09-2003, 10:55 PM
wooly boggers. i have them on my 185s and it goes everywhere. im sure u can get them in the size u want.

86250RZ
05-10-2003, 10:00 AM
I have ITP Hole Shots 20x 9 x 10 on rear of my 86 250R, never had a better tire and i also ride mainly in simi loose to hard packed surfaces. Give them a try I think you will like them.

www.Rockymountainatv.com