PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Commission Pettition

atctim
07-31-2007, 11:36 PM
I am starting this thread as a feeler. I need to know who out there would be interested in purchasing insurance for a reasonable rate that would cover things like fire and theft on machines we do not routinely ride. Show pieces so to speak. Currently - there are no policies available for our antique machines - and a normal ATV policies only offer us fair trade in value based of kelly Blue Book or another "not reasonable" source of 3 wheeler values.

If you are interested - state your name - state you reside in - the machines you would want insured - an insured value (what you would need to replace the trike or what you would be able to settle for in a cash settlement for a complete loss.)

I will compile a database of this information and if there is enough interest start a petition and paper trail to the Commission.

If we can get enough interest - this should not be a problem to get some company to write us up a special vehicle coverage policy.

I'll start:

Tim Keister
Pennsylvania
1986 350X - Very Good Condition - $4000 coverage
1983 ATC110 - Blue Edition - fair condition - $1500 coverage
1982 ATC250R - fair condition - $1500 coverage
1986 ATC200X - Good Condition - $2500 coverage

team-red-rider
07-31-2007, 11:44 PM
Stephen Collins
florida
1983 Kawasaki KLT 250C "restoration in progress" $2000 coverage

atctim
08-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Has anyone inquired with hagerty or grundys insurance? I use hagerty insurance on two of my cars. thier rules are, 1 its got to be in a locked garage. 2 it can not be your driver. 3 you have to have a regular vehicle registered and insured as a daily driver. 4 mileage is limited to around 2000 miles a year.
So if you try to apply this to a off road ATC. You may not be able to get full coverage, because the nature of the beast. They do get bumped, flipped, scratched etc. BUT. you should be able to get coverage against theft and vandalism. but like on the cars, I had to get a appraisal before getting the insurance, send a picture. and only insure it for the agreed value. Jim

I have tried both Haggertys and Lords of London. No luck with either group.

ATC-Eric
08-01-2007, 09:22 AM
I use state farm for all my car, trailer, and home policies.

I recently spoke with my agent about my 3 wheelers, she informed me that all she needs is a Vin number to proceed. I asked about price, and was informed that I can choose the coverage amount I want, and then they charge me accordingly.

I made sure to get the point across that if stolen or damaged, book value dosent represent the actual cost. I was told that I would be reimbersed the amount I had previously choosen.

Now I just need to run my vin numbers to make sure my gear is legal, then go on to make sure they undestood me.

Anyone know of a website you can run your vins without a State Trooper showing up at your door?

atctim
08-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Eric - I would re-inquire about actual coverage - I have state farm as well - and they will not stray from blue book value. Inquire about replacement value...

Kintore
08-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Matter if im not from the states timmy?

atctim
08-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Shouldn't matter - you got State Farm - Progressive - Nationwide - Geiko and the like insurance companies up there in the great white north?

Kintore
08-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Yah we do, but I aint with em! And speaking of the great white north its 102 here according to the weather network, only 91 but all the humidity!