PDA

View Full Version : Doh! ...hate it when that happens

Freakshow
07-31-2007, 01:05 AM
I brought home an 85 350x and an 86 200x a few weeks ago, and I finally got around to playing with the 350 on Sunday.

It started right up even with the 10.25 piston and disconnected decomp cable. I rode it around our property for a few minutes in preparation for a valve adjust and oil change, when it starts backfiring pretty badly. Hmmm...

The story from the previous owner was that the motor was barely broken in, well turns out .. it was barely assembled.

I pull the tank to get to the valves, and notice that the air intake isn't even connected to the carb...:( ....glad I wasn't mudding ....then I procede to pull the carb to check out the internals, and I hear something rolling around inside...ugh!

I open the top, one of the screws for the slide is rolling around on top , as I turn the carb over to get it out I notice something odd about the bottom, ...no pilot screw! :confused:

So ...long story short .. got on ebay that afternoon, picked up a take off carb to run short term, and a carb rebuild kit for the long term, also found a good intake boot to replace the cracked one I found on this trike.

Glad I found this all now before our trip to Montana in 3 weeks! :TrikesOwn

DC

oh ..the rest of the trike looks real good ...maybe it was supposed to be a pedal bike?