PDA

View Full Version : 200x transmission problems

atc200xok
07-29-2007, 09:21 PM
i'm having problems with my 85 200x. I ride it for about a mile and a half when the trike gradually looses power and the front sprocket locks up keeping the back wheels
from moving for about 15 minutes after that it runs fine for another mile and a half and so on and so on. I recently took a link out of the chain making it really tight for a couple of weeks if that makes any difference.

tyman
07-29-2007, 09:44 PM
can you start it back up after it "locks up"??? by holding the clutch in or putting it in neutral.. i've never heard of one doing that unless the piston is seizing.. which would do major damage... i'm interested in this thread... this is definitely strange..

atc200xok
07-29-2007, 10:07 PM
yeah i can start it up when i take it out of gear...i was thinking that maybe having the chain so tight caused the gears not to mesh together right once the motor got hot but i really don't have any idea

SWIGIN
07-30-2007, 11:25 AM
my vote is for seizing too

Dirtcrasher
07-30-2007, 07:54 PM
i'm having problems with my 85 200x. I ride it for about a mile and a half when the trike gradually looses power and the front sprocket locks up keeping the back wheels
from moving for about 15 minutes after that it runs fine for another mile and a half and so on and so on. I recently took a link out of the chain making it really tight for a couple of weeks if that makes any difference.

Why did you do that?? You must have known it was a bad thing. I'll guess that you couldn't adjust the chain due to a seized swingarm bolt so you took out a link instead. Probably ruined the countershaft bearing behind the front sprocket.