PDA

View Full Version : 350x motor cleaning

350Xccelerator
05-09-2003, 01:26 AM
im gonna clean my 350x motor but first i want to take off the gas tank, is it hard to remove the gas tank? what should i clean my motor with im only going to clean the outside not the inside of the motor, ive heard of some spray that is sprayed on the motor then its washed off leaving the motor clean, what is it?

350Xccelerator
05-09-2003, 01:33 AM
id like to take all the parts and clean them one by one but i don't know enough about motors to be taking them apart.

jeswinehart
05-09-2003, 06:41 AM
i think the most common + available is what they call "gunk".
wal-marts, k-marts or any auto parts store will have. heck, our locale grocery store even has it.

spray on let sit fore a spell and hose it off.

gas tank removal ain't hard if your itching to do so,,, if you want to clean something that is probbly real dirty,,, go for the skidplate under the motor,,,, 3 bolts and a ton of dirt !

john

Howdy
05-09-2003, 08:23 AM
I use the car wash on mine ( When I clean them ). I spray on the engine cleaner and let it set while washing the truck / van. Then I use the High pressure wash. That normally cleans it very well. I then rinse it ( High Pressure ) and then Hot Wax it. I found when I wax it the dirt and mud comes off a lot easier after riding.

Just my 2 cents.
Howdy

samster143
05-09-2003, 11:22 AM
That STP superclean stuff works pretty well. Spray it on leave on for a while hose it off. May need a little brushing on real tough spots. Be careful it seems to remove the annodizing from aluminum parts.