PDA

View Full Version : Hi new guy here!

01 Rapple
07-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Hey everyone my name is James and i just bought a 84 honda 200es and a 200x like 2 day apart of each other. I been riding the 200es and its been a blast but its been leaking fuel out the bottom of the carb but runs like a champ. The 200x i bought runs but man does it smoke so i guess i need to get a top end rebuild kit for it but just don't know what kit to go with yet and how much compression i should run. The 200x looks a lot better than the bigred its got itp mud lights on it and no rust on or in the fuel tank and everything is there and looks real good. When i got the 200x i also i got like a hole nother bike with it 3 tires, rear end with brakes, front brakes with levers, front forks another tank and the frame. :w00t:

RedRider_AK
07-28-2007, 04:43 PM
The reason your Big Red is leaking gas from the carb is either a bad bowl gasket, or dirt in the needle causing it to overfill and consequently spill out the overflow line. Get a carb kit and rebuild the carb and you'll have no more problems (with that part anyway :lol:)

Top end gasket kits are usually identical. Go with Cometic, they make good stuff. Or Moose. You should run stock compression for reliability and heat control, and use a Wiseco. It's only a little more expensive than the OEM piston, but it's forged instead of cast, so it's tougher.

SYKO
07-28-2007, 05:27 PM
hola gringo! modifie that front frame tube on that 200x and swap in that 200es big red motor and have an auto electric start x!!! whooohooo!!

RedRider_AK
07-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Isn't the Big Red a shaft drive...?

Eric250R
07-28-2007, 05:59 PM
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: