PDA

View Full Version : ATC200es Running!!!

TheFamer
07-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Hello

I had posted earlier about my fathers 84 atc200es. i got a carb rebuild kit for it. and bang! it runs:TrikesOwn . i just need to adjust the idle. some times it will rev high for no reason and this makes its harder to shift. so i just wanted to know what you all think. it runs strong. i also would like to know the valve clearance since that hasn't been adjusted in some time. and any tips to adjust the intake valve (since the frame covers it so well.) and what oil should i put in it? engine? axle? Well Rock On! Thanks!

RedRider_AK
07-27-2007, 07:23 PM
80 weight hypoid oil in the axle. 10w40 or 20w50 in the engine depending on temperature.

sandpuppi101
07-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Did you put the little o-ring and washer on the bottom of the slow jet on the bottom of the carb..Here's what I do for proper adjustment.Get the machine to normal operating temp,and turn the slow jet in until the machine die's,then simply back it out one turn and you should be good.And also make sure the needle was on the proper clip position,but if it's revving high and dropping slow to an idle it's most likely your slow jet.I'm glad to hear you got it up and running..

TheFamer
07-29-2007, 01:26 AM
Hey SandPuppi, i just checked out your XR600R conversion, holy Sh*t. that is insane man. i wish i could do fab work like that. great work! keep it up!

I played with the throttle stop and the slow jet today. its idles much better but still needs more love. i went out in unmanned woods, places i couldnt take my 4 wheeler or my dirt bike and had a blast. this big red can do anything! its sweet.

But i still would like to know valve clearance and tips for the intake side. since its covered by the frame. and i like to play and mod my toys so i want to ask

i have a supertrapp exhaust for my 82 XR200R which currently doesnt run. and i wanted to know if i could throw that on the ATC and use the XR200R carb to help keep fuel and air flowing in without running lean. what do you think? i would love to try for a week or so and see if i can awaken the Big Red. because sooner or later i will have my XR200R motor rebuilt and will need the exhaust for that project. let me know if anyone does this or who provides new mufflers or exhaust systems for these trikes.

Thanks