PDA

View Full Version : help identifying a yamaha

stoney420
07-25-2007, 12:22 AM
ok so my buddy picked up a yamaha today one of his coworkers gave it to him for free, he got it runnin but the recoil broke so we gotta fix that anyway was wonderin if u guys could help me figure out what it is? supposably its a 200 but theres no stickers on it the guy he got it from said whenever he bought parts for it he told them it was a 83 yamaha and they all worked but he didnt tell us what parts he bought for it so.. i dont think its a yamahauler cause they all had electric start and were shaft drive right? this one is chain driven and is only pull start, i suppose it could be a tri moto but looking on the specs page on this site it says the 83 had reverse, did all 83's have reverse or just some of them? it dont have the automatic decompression, no reverse, it has a front rack but didnt look close enough to see if it was original, it was yellow stock (camoflauge now) didnt look for any vins yet but where can i find em on there? kinda looks like my 85 tri moto but beat to hell and might have a lil wider front end.. if someone can tell me where to find vin on it ill post it in here if thats what u need to identify it, well thanx guys, will check in shortly.

pickleweasel_00
07-25-2007, 01:21 AM
sounds like a YTM200 :wondering But I think alot if not most of the parts will interchange between the different variations of the 200 model. Or at least I would think they should. I beleive the vin on the frame is located in the steering stem and the engine vin should be on the top of the case, behind the cylinder, on the right hand side (kind of hard to miss)

thefox
07-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Yes, it is a Yamaha YTM 200 Tri Moto. The 200E is the one with electric start and chain drive and a number of parts will interchange. The 200E has a wider front end (to fit the 25x12x9 12 tire instead of 22x11x8) and the front ends do interchange.;

stoney420
07-26-2007, 01:53 AM
hey fox im gonna send u a PM so check em when ya come back on,,, appreciate the info pickel, thx!