PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Yamaha 225 DX

motoman011
07-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Believe it or not I found my origional 225DX that my dad got rid of many years ago. My questions is are parts. Anyone know where I can get OEM engine parts fenders ect to restore it, I've looked with no luck, any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

edog
07-24-2007, 08:41 PM
What color is it?

This is the one I used to have.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/edog_02/il.jpg

motoman011
07-24-2007, 09:10 PM
yellow, but I'm willing to change color if I need to

edog
07-24-2007, 09:14 PM
yellow, but I'm willing to change color if I need to

Well this is your lucky day.......

I checked at the Yamaha dealer down the street 2 months ago and they could get the plastic in Sky Blue.All but the side covers.

3Wheelers4Life
07-24-2007, 09:29 PM
for parts try www.ebay.com www.denniskirk.com www.bikebandit.com
how did you find your old trike again? did you buy it from the guy you sold it to long ago? did you see an ad in the paper, buy it, bring it home, then realize that was the trike you had before? id like to hear the story, if you dont mind. thanks.

yours looks nice, edog.

edog
07-24-2007, 09:35 PM
under $300 for all the plastic.

motoman011
07-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Actually it's interesting, I'll shorten it, years ago my dad bought me a used 175 tri moto, it't didn't run well , always broke down, he got me up early one day and told me he had made arrangements to take it to the local dealer to fix it up, when I went into the garage WOW brand new 225, you wouldn't believe how I felt. Anyways, after I discovered cars and girls he traded it for a lawn mower at the local hardware store. I was speaking with the owners son last week and he informed me that he still had the trike and it was sitting in the pole barn STILL to this day. The motor smokes, I sunk it in a pond years ago after an accident that shattered my wrist and arm. My father has sinced passed a few years back and I would REALLY LOVE to restore it to origional and keep for some time to come. Maybe pass along to my son when he's old enough. My dad really worked hard to buy it and it would mean the world to me for someone help me with parts, a supplier, links ect or tell me it's possible to re-do back to it's first bought state with a little work. I also owned a 200x, I'm currently looking for one to completely restore, by the way the 225 was given to me free and the 200x was the first bike I bought new, it was the only thing he EVER co-signed for me. Thanks for the interest.

edog
07-24-2007, 10:05 PM
You need to post some pics.

edog
07-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Pm sent...........

DOG987
07-24-2007, 11:14 PM
If your looking for parts try http://www.centralyamaha.com they have everything for a DX from new plastics to the flywheel washer. thats where i get my dr parts. there kind of expensive but there new parts (you get what you pay for) Good Luck!