PDA

View Full Version : tri-z jug help?

tri-z_250R
07-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Okay, so my jug got "killed"!

The bottom skirt of the sleeve broke off, took a beating to the head, basically demolished the piston, and took a blow or two to my reed cage, and intake.
I was told it's fixable

Questions: Is there anyone on here that does work on tri-z cylinders, new sleeves, chamfering, porting and what not, or knows someone or someplace that does?
If I bought the sleeve and sent the parts to someone could they/ you do work on it for me (I don't want to destroy anything).
Also, of course, I need it to be bored and honed.

If I had someone put a new sleeve in, I'd like the jug to have the works done to it, (porting, power valve, or whatever) you know, a nice job.

Any helpful responses appreciated. Thanks.

Vealmonkey
07-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Man, did you ever look up the 330 kit by Corey Sprock? Look above in the new parts development section. I think he has exactly what you're looking for.

honda250sx
07-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Ronnie, yamahondaman can take care of your porting needs. They say he does phenomenal work! I plan on having him do mine thats for damn sure

Mosh
07-24-2007, 08:04 AM
IF you want to stay stock bore,,,Advanced Sleeve in Ohio has sleeve kits for the Tri-z.They will also install it.But the other guys mentioned do phenominal work and I would support those guys first,other than outside sources.

Yamahondaman
07-24-2007, 10:07 AM
I Was wondering as far as price and power that the Sprock BIG Bore would be better than installing a stock sleeve with port work .. whatha think mosh ?

tri-z_250R
07-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Now with this big bore kit, do you have to have the jug machined out to fit the new big bore sleeve or....? How does it work? I assume you don't buy a whole new jug?

honda250sx
07-24-2007, 03:56 PM
read the research and development forum. There is a lengthy post in there detailing the kit and its components.

Yamahondaman
07-24-2007, 04:12 PM
HA HA ... I am hopeing to get this 6-speed THING Done with one of those BIG Bore kit's along with the 490 rod,ALKY,Cut Tranny on the 210 lb. bike ..
that 580 GREEN THING ... Will be Mine next year !! :naughty:
if there's ANY Street bikes there with a ATV Rear end on it ....
i'll be out in the Trails and Wood's with the Brapp Bike "Recon" haveing A GOOD TIME !! :beer

Mosh
07-24-2007, 06:52 PM
The big bore kit is a direct bolt on including a coolhead with dome size of your choice.You have to run the coolhead with the kit.Unless you know a machinist that can bore your stock head out then get someone to make you a custom headgasket.The preorders have closed,So I don tknow how many extra kits he will make.I know what is left of the coolheads are already set aside for extra bigbore kits.It aint many.I think there may be 20 bigbore kits and that is all.

Mosh
07-24-2007, 07:03 PM
I Was wondering as far as price and power that the Sprock BIG Bore would be better than installing a stock sleeve with port work .. whatha think mosh ?Yeah for the Price you cant beat it.They come ported with gaskets,piston and rings,Bearing..Really,,,, open up the box bolt it on jet the carb and Ride.;)

tri-z_250R
07-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks you guys. I really hope I can get my hands on one!