PDA

View Full Version : Lets get *Edited**Edited* opinion?

Brownie45021
07-23-2007, 09:22 PM
i have been takin apart my 185S motor for the past few days cause it smoked real bad. The piston is banged up, the cylinder is rusted, the rings are pitted so it must have sat for a while. I was originally going to just put rings and valve seals in it but i decided not to. To much chance it will run like crap again. I decided to replace the piston/rings/wristpin, valve seals and cam cause it was banged up pretty ogood. I have to option to bore it over 2mm or 2.5 mm. If i go with teh wiseco piston kit that is 2 mm bigger it claims it will be a 194.5 cc and the 2.5 mm is a little bigger obviously. Would i notice a power differnece in the .5mm bigger piston? they are the same price so i was just wondering and will i notice a power difference anyway?

jeffatc250r
07-23-2007, 09:28 PM
I would bring the cylinder to a machine shop and see what it would take to get it all cleaned up, then go with the piston that will fit, i wouldnt go any bigger than you have to, you wont notice any difference and you will have one less bore on the cylinder.

firefirefire90
07-23-2007, 09:34 PM
You won't notice much of a power difference, but after cleaning up everything, you will see a BIG difference from your trike right at this point since it is in such bad shape. I would just go with the next size over bore and get the head checked out. As in, new valves, new valve seals, and you said you needed a new stock camshaft? Should freshen her right up

Brownie45021
07-23-2007, 10:05 PM
the next size is 65mm so its still gunna be 195 cc's. i will notice a difference cause its 15cc's bigger thats alot. i think. im gettin a cam off a buddy but its in good shape, and new valve seals and gunna clean up the valves and adjust them so it should be a good motor

icp4life162005
07-24-2007, 01:26 AM
Yes you will notice a difference because your going from a beat ta death motor to a fresh one. You never want to go bigger than needed unless your pockets are stuffed with cash.

Brownie45021
07-24-2007, 09:17 PM
i went to the next size up wich is a 65mm. So i still have life left in her. thanx for the advice

Brownie45021
07-24-2007, 09:19 PM
i went to the next size up wich is a 65mm. So i still have life left in her. thanx for the advice

sandpuppi101
07-24-2007, 09:57 PM
2.5 mm on a bore is pretty signifigant on any bore job ,if you ask me.As far as telling the difference in power over a stock set-up,yeah you mite but not alot.I ain't telling ya what to do but if your cylinder is out that far,Just go with a stock 200 cylinder and do something with that.Then you can bump it up with a cam if you want ,and then you'd notice something.I don't know what year the 185 is, but I would suggest if it does'nt already have it, going with the bigger throatier 200s muffler.Just shooting ya some idea's.I've built a few of these before..