PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z Shearer DRAG PIPE!! PICTURES ARE ON!

KingNothing
07-21-2007, 11:22 AM
This is the first time ive posted pictures so hopefully they work out. This is my '85 Z with a few minor mods.

Zinger Tank
plus 8 swing arm
plus 4 axle
drag bars
teather
current race ported engine with sprock head
alternate motor is an 86 YZ powervalve
Shearer custom drag pipe ;)
15-40 sprockets
18x10x8 bead lock / turf tamers
39PWK (190 main)
V-Force 3's thanks moshman

Soon to be sprock big bore trike

SYKO
07-21-2007, 11:28 AM
well..... lets see the second time you try to post pics! lol!

KingNothing
07-21-2007, 11:38 AM
didnt work out that time..........lol.............dial up sucks........... well ill try again.. here.

Dirtcrasher
07-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Gotta shrink up the pics bud, then dial up won't be so harsh....

370banshee
07-21-2007, 02:41 PM
ok i wanna see this pipe... i was gonna buy one a while back but then got sidetracked with another project..

KingNothing
07-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Ok fellas i think i have it.........old girls a little dirty but good enough for a few pics.

Yamahondaman
07-21-2007, 03:37 PM
NICE !!!! is it LOUD ? !!! looks like you needs to lower it a bit

84honda200s
07-21-2007, 03:41 PM
dam that has to be the biggest pipe ive ever seen. look mean though.

KingNothing
07-21-2007, 03:42 PM
NICE !!!! is it LOUD ? !!! looks like you needs to lower it a bit

Loud is an understatment. It dont sit bad with my 300lb ass on it, however i am gonna drop it a little.

Looks like a big fat bumble bee.......

Yamahondaman
07-21-2007, 03:49 PM
is the tip 7/8" id like the DG-Cobra Pipes ? ... kinda like 1" Conduit pipe the Electrician's use ..

KingNothing
07-21-2007, 03:53 PM
is the tip 7/8" id like the DG-Cobra Pipes ? ... kinda like 1" Conduit pipe the Electrician's use ..

I would have to measure it but i beleive it is 1" chromoly tubing....

Yamahondaman
07-21-2007, 04:00 PM
as long as it's .875" id .... THATS NICE !!! but the stinger on mine will be 6" long !! :D .... my motor is called the " LUNG " .. Gots to Breathe :twisted:

Black86tri-z
07-21-2007, 04:22 PM
looks awsome how much did it cost for that pipe if you dont mind me askin

firefirefire90
07-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Wow your Tri-Z looks AWESOME!

I don't know why, but it is probably the stance of the trike. The small rears, BIG PIPE, long swingarm, low handlebars...

Very SICK stuff

chris200x
07-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Alls I gots to say is... YAMAHONDAMAN

What kinda handle bars are you runnin? Me likie!!! :D

KingNothing
07-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Alls I gots to say is... YAMAHONDAMAN

What kinda handle bars are you runnin? Me likie!!! :D

Thanks............just go to your local street bike shop and tell them you want 7/8 drag bars. They are only about 25bucks................. i think they are a sweet set up considering how low you set in the seat on a Tri Z............... good luck

Preddy05
07-21-2007, 10:21 PM
It is a nice z seen it in person (sounds mean). hope you come to the next drags they have was nice not bein the only trike. maybe next time you will beat me :naughty: haha had to throw that in there.

KingNothing
07-21-2007, 10:57 PM
It is a nice z seen it in person (sounds mean). hope you come to the next drags they have was nice not bein the only trike. maybe next time you will beat me :naughty: haha had to throw that in there.

I will definatly be at the next drags........... I plan on running things a little different next time. Not saying that you wont beat me, but if you do. You earned it.

LoL

Trikes RULE!

viper
07-22-2007, 02:05 AM
hey get a pic from right in front i want to see how bad the pipe stickes out

KingNothing
07-22-2007, 08:52 AM
hey get a pic from right in front i want to see how bad the pipe stickes out

She hangs out pretty good, but for dragging........it dont matter. I think the reason is so it get to the expansion chamber sooner. From the pictures ive seen of the FTZ thats what i noticed.... that it gets bigger quicker.

How do you like that BIG BORE? What carb set up are you running? and sprockets?

viper
07-22-2007, 12:05 PM
mine has a 39.5 ftz alky carb right now. 15-40 gearing . the big bore runs very hard

Yamahondaman
07-22-2007, 05:06 PM
i'm just wondering if the size of the mid section will harm the performance of a gasoline Modded 250 motor ? .. i was told that unless it's on ALKY or a BIG BORE that it would hurt a 250cc .... i dunno ? ... HEY VIPER ... have you had your pipe on a modded 250 ? ... how was it compaired to the DG-Cobra's ? .. :wondering

KingNothing
07-22-2007, 10:00 PM
i'm just wondering if the size of the mid section will harm the performance of a gasoline Modded 250 motor ? .. i was told that unless it's on ALKY or a BIG BORE that it would hurt a 250cc .... i dunno ? ... HEY VIPER ... have you had your pipe on a modded 250 ? ... how was it compaired to the DG-Cobra's ? .. :wondering

Not sure on that one. I only raced one race with the modded 250 engine..........now it helped the powervalve motor out a good bit. Revved higher and pulled harder. I just put those V3 reeds in and now it is breaking up really bad..........maybe needs a bigger jet... I guess ill try a 195. My big bore should be in next week. so once i get it all set up my buddy has a dyno jet machine. Hopefully we can get it dialed in and get some good times at the drags............if not my trike might be for sale.

BigGreenMachine
07-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Thats one pissed off looking bee!! Nice!!

viper
07-23-2007, 01:05 AM

i ran that pipe on a 250cyl that was drag ported on gas and it was fine ....before i had the drag pipe my bike had some type of older chrome pipe that had a silencer that looked like a toomey on it ...sold it on ebay and went to the drag pipe and there was a big difference .. with the drag pipe in the dunes it was a bit harder to keep it on the pipe but just took a lil getting used to .....sand robs lots of power

viper
07-23-2007, 01:10 AM
My big bore should be in next week. so once i get it all set up my buddy has a dyno jet machine. Hopefully we can get it dialed in and get some good times at the drags............if not my trike might be for sale.[/QUOTE]

give it some time playing with gearing and tuning it before you give up on it ..really if you arent a decent tuner you will never be happy with a 2stroke . it takes time , patients, and a lil knowledge but if you stay with it you will be fine ....

the only thing i dont like about the shearer pipe it looks like the stinger tube is very small ....what is the diameter of it ? what tires are you using for dirt drags ?

KingNothing
07-23-2007, 05:23 PM
My big bore should be in next week. so once i get it all set up my buddy has a dyno jet machine. Hopefully we can get it dialed in and get some good times at the drags............if not my trike might be for sale.

give it some time playing with gearing and tuning it before you give up on it ..really if you arent a decent tuner you will never be happy with a 2stroke . it takes time , patients, and a lil knowledge but if you stay with it you will be fine ....

the only thing i dont like about the shearer pipe it looks like the stinger tube is very small ....what is the diameter of it ? what tires are you using for dirt drags ?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what size the stinger is. It is atleast inch or better. The stinger looks small cause the fat pipe. The silencer off of my buddies Trinity drag pipe that is on his quadzilla will fit right on mine. So if it will let that 500 breath............then it should be more than enough for that 250. Also the stinger seems kinda long which makes it look small...............but matt shearer did the R&D on it........ I talked to him for a good hour one night. He knows his stuff.

Yamahondaman
07-24-2007, 05:18 PM
can you measure the ID of the stinger ? .. like a BudLight bottle,Quarter,Nickel,thumb or a pair of ID Caliper's ?

KingNothing
07-24-2007, 09:52 PM
can you measure the ID of the stinger ? .. like a BudLight bottle,Quarter,Nickel,thumb or a pair of ID Caliper's ?

I see your awfully conserned about this.... Ill go check it right now. it is 1 1/16inch ID. I dont think you can get Electrician's Conduit pipe in that size. So it must be chromoly tubing.

370banshee
07-25-2007, 02:31 PM
price on that pipe was what aout $380.. i think thats what matt told me about a year ago