PDA

View Full Version : 83-84 250R gas tank replacements?

GoodKarma
07-20-2007, 07:59 PM
I thought I had a bookmark for an aftermarket gas tank for the air-fooler, but now I can't seem to find it. Clarke doesn't have one listed, and neither does IMS. Was there another company that made them?

I wish I could find a way to strengthen the stock tank, but my knees seem to pound into the tank, or so it seems.

fast94tracer
07-20-2007, 10:50 PM
ims does have them listed there $225 for the 4.2 gallon tank

well i just was on yheir site last night and now that i check their site its gone
well i guess we lost another vendor

Dammit!
07-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Call them. I think a lot of times these web sites don't indicate every single thing they sell. Ricky Stator doesn't mention any 250R light kits but if you call them they have them.

GoodKarma
07-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Good idea Dammit! I was thinking about contacting Clarke, because I would have sworn that they had these last year.

The IMS was finally found: click on ATV, the only choice is Kawasaki, and the only models are Honda.................maybe my Firefox browser isn't agreeing with their website, but that's how I finally found it.

I was hoping I could find a black one, but looks like white and red are the only colors. I have some ideas in my head what I want to do, and neither of these colors fit that picture.

Maybe I can make some cool guards that go around the stock gas tank, kind of a knee bumber sort of thing.........hmmmmm, the wheels are turning.

Dammit!
07-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Call and see if they'll make you a black one. They might not be as stuck up about it as Maier.

GoodKarma
07-21-2007, 11:16 AM
They have a very friendly attitude on their website about custom colors and applications! Thanks for the suggestions Dammit!

GoodKarma
07-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Clarke replied to my request, and said that they never made a tank for the 83-84 250R.:rolleyes: