PDA

View Full Version : Im new here and know one knows me...but i finally got my 87 atc200x done!!!!!

1987atc200x
07-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Finally got her done after a long restore...Im waiting for a new front sprocket to come in then I will finally get to ride the old thing......I bought a almost new, used motor then I rebuilt the forks, had a new bushing made for rear shock, placed a new set of rear tires on it........regreased it all......and did alot more things like painting, sprockets, etc.........Also im new here and even though i havent spoke any on the forums, I got alot of my info from 3 wheelerworld and im sure glad theres such a site......Anyway Thanks...heres the bike...

SYKO
07-20-2007, 12:12 AM
good job! welcome aboard homie!! plenty of trike heads here!

firefirefire90
07-20-2007, 12:31 AM
I like the complete restore to stock, but I like the personalized ones the best!

Welcome to the boards dude! SWEET trike!

I have a feeling you may get some messages about those tires though

1987atc200x
07-20-2007, 12:51 AM
What about the tires? if u see they arnt the expesnsive awesom kind.....well I ran out of money and thats all i had money for.....so i dont want to here about them tires.....they were most diffantly better than my flat stock ones....arn't they!!! Oh ya, thanks for the comment about how the bike looks....i plan on doing alittle more to it.....right now I have a low houred motor, rejetted carb, a newly remanufactured uni air filter, and a cobra exhaust.....It has a 1985 rear end, which i have no idea why the person before me did this??????any ideas?????....but thats ok.....I plan on new black rear fenders, new blank front fender, flame seat cover, and a new 6 pack rack grab bar.... I also plan on going on a big riding trip this Saturday for its first day out after rebuild......SO I will keep u posted on how the bike runs........By the way i drove it around with bad suspension and no rear brakes for two days and it ran really good so i know the motor runs excellent.....

firefirefire90
07-20-2007, 01:14 AM
What about the tires? if u see they arnt the expesnsive awesom kind.....well I ran out of money and thats all i had money for.....so i dont want to here about them tires.....they were most diffantly better than my flat stock ones....arn't they!!! Oh ya, thanks for the comment about how the bike looks....i plan on doing alittle more to it.....right now I have a low houred motor, rejetted carb, a newly remanufactured uni air filter, and a cobra exhaust.....It has a 1985 rear end, which i have no idea why the person before me did this??????any ideas?????....but thats ok.....I plan on new black rear fenders, new blank front fender, flame seat cover, and a new 6 pack rack grab bar.... I also plan on going on a big riding trip this Saturday for its first day out after rebuild......SO I will keep u posted on how the bike runs........By the way i drove it around with bad suspension and no rear brakes for two days and it ran really good so i know the motor runs excellent.....

I'm just messin with ya :D

If you look around in past threads, we find those tires on many trikes.

Can't wait to see the final product in action!

1987atc200x
07-20-2007, 01:23 AM
oh thats alright about the tire lol......oh by the way i dont mean to be an a** "Mike Ham" but trust me it was a restore from when i got the trike.....it was blown up to the point to where the motor wasnt worth fixing.....and everything was what seemed like rusted together.....so everything had to be taken apart, cleaned, and regreased.....along with painting and fixing things.......the tank also was almost ruined and it had tons of rusted through spots, so i had to jb weld the tank, and i had to put a coat of tank liner in it......well anyway if i had to list all i did u would get bored and quit reading the text.....so dont be throwing the phrase of me "not really restoring the bike" because i did...lol....i just need my credit thats all....lol

team-red-rider
07-20-2007, 01:38 AM
well what mike means ...is a restore is back to OEM /Original spec. using OEM parts made for tha spicific model/year of machine...that would be considered a customized machine...

Aussieduner
07-20-2007, 03:32 AM
G'Day from Australia,we still love our 3 wheelers here Downunder !

Aussieduner

GoodKarma
07-20-2007, 06:34 AM
SWEET! If feels pretty good to bring something back to life, doesn't it?

1987atc200x
07-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the complimants...I see what he was talking about.......That makes since...I guess a restore would be making everything stock as a rock and look like it came off the showroom floor.....Also it does feel good to bring the 1987atc200x alife......Since its a 1987 ATC model isnt it alittle bit rare for a 3 wheeler? I heard it was ut wasnt to sure....Today my front sprocket will be in and I will be able to ride it at some point today....Wish me luck.....

SYKO
07-20-2007, 11:28 AM
man, thats a sweet fealin riding a trike after some work of downtime, I cant wait to get my 300 going again and race the 250r again, both are down at the moment for upgrades, god luck man, and pull some sick wheelies!

1987atc200x
07-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Oh them sick wheelies are diffantly going to happen as soon as the old bike is running lol.....it will probably happen right out of the shop door...lol

1987atc200x
07-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Finally got to take her out for a spin with alot of brake problems right off and my tank sprung another leak and this time i let my dad re-glue it and it seems to hold real good......My brakes still dont feel right yet but they stop you decently......the new tires helped tremendously it helped stability alot....I jumped the bike today alittle and the rear shock adjustments, and rebuilt forks helped tremendously! It handles extremely good also......Im happy and tommorrow I hope i Stay happy after I ride tomorrow with my buddies and there 4 wheelers....I guess I will have to show them 3 wheels are better than 4 because they seem to think the opposite......will Ill keep u all posted on how the old bike works tommorrow....cya

1987atc200x
07-22-2007, 01:30 AM
Just got back from my big riding trip today and it was wicked......It was a bunch of very old and growned up 4 wheeler trails that had tons of jumps, and huge rocks. I'm going to have to be honest some of them trails were so bad I wondered if I was going to make it up or back down.....But, I did and that was my first real agressive riding trip on a trike and I never had problems making it up a trail or did I ever flip or wreck.......Which to me seems to be an accomplishment.....I also cept up with my 4 wheeling buddies better than I and them expected......At the end of the riding trip it was still together running like a champ although the brakes still need work which I guess will require me too have to rebuild the master cylinders and possibly the calipers becauce they seem to leak bad.......Also my fork seals didnt hold up, but it was very dusty and I didnt have a dust cover over the seals so it ruined them plus I think I had to much oil in them which didnt help ethier......Next time I'm going to use better seals and do it exactly the way honda wants you too.....Anyway after all that I was still pleased and wouldnt trade the day for nothing.......Once again trikes rule!

P.S. The 1987 atc200x does pretty good up in the air even with me on it which isnt all that light.....it landed with a good clean landing except when my fork seals went then it got alittle rougher but not real bad........cya