PDA

View Full Version : need healp on a 85 honda 250es

grafitti911
07-17-2007, 07:54 PM
i need healp on my 85 honda 250 big red. the primary clutch wont fit on the crankshaft.The shaft is smaller but everything else fits on perfectly. last winter the gears got chewed up so i was out of a toy for quite some time just recently i got the moter back n i tryed to start it it stopped after it fired i took off the head the valve was bent n the gasket was shot badly the person i took it to said everything was tight n it will run so i was down for 2 weeks i got new valves got it in time it ran today n i herd funny noises comming from the bottom end of the moter so i shut it off the clutch was still spinning then it made a grinding halt kinda shook me n i took it appart come to find out the primary clutch is bigger than the crankshaft i donno if the moter is an 87 or a diffrent type of moter im thinking it could be a trx250 well ill be on the serch for a clutch that can fit the crankshaft
phil

grafitti911
07-17-2007, 08:24 PM
i need healp on my 85 honda 250 big red. the primary clutch wont fit on the crankshaft.The shaft is smaller but everything else fits on perfectly. last winter the gears got chewed up so i was out of a toy for quite some time just recently i got the moter back n i tryed to start it it stopped after it fired i took off the head the valve was bent n the gasket was shot badly the person i took it to said everything was tight n it will run so i was down for 2 weeks i got new valves got it in time it ran today n i herd funny noises comming from the bottom end of the moter so i shut it off the clutch was still spinning then it made a grinding halt kinda shook me n i took it appart come to find out the primary clutch is bigger than the crankshaft i donno if the moter is an 87 or a diffrent type of moter im thinking it could be a trx250 well ill be on the serch for a clutch that can fit the crankshaft
phil

84honda200s
07-17-2007, 08:33 PM
wow first time ive ever seen a triple post. dam man sound to me the guy that did the work may have riped ya big time. i wish i knew something about the es.

tbirdscott
07-17-2007, 09:43 PM
If your clutch keeps spinning its most likely your one way bearing slipping.

Scott

sandpuppi101
07-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Wher are you located at ,I could help ya out if your close??!

grafitti911
07-18-2007, 12:05 PM
i live in the upper peninsula of mich the primary clutch i took off the original crankshaft n put on this one it diddnt fir at the time so i braught it to him and he told me he got it fixed the outer part of the clutch fits fine its the peice that holds the clutch shoes is dancing arround on it jesweinhart- howmuch would it cost for a used one im hoping that i dont gotta take it all apart again

phil

grafitti911
07-18-2007, 06:00 PM
jeswinehart- yea i need it post some pics please

grafitti911
07-18-2007, 07:01 PM
ok well i know it runs im thinking of getting a 250r are they 2 strokes? n howmuch do you think i can get for my 250es?

tbirdscott
07-19-2007, 02:55 AM
I know i've got a clutch from a 200, just not sure if it will fit a 250 or not, if anyone here can verify I could get you a price.

Scott

grafitti911
07-19-2007, 09:06 AM
i dont think it will