PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 2 stroke oil?

pickleweasel_00
07-14-2007, 03:44 PM
I've been using the Yamalube 2R oil for my tri-z lately, but when I put it back together I might use something else. My choices are the Klotz Benol which is a castor oil. I'm also looking at PJ1 Goldfire Pro which is a petroleum/synthetic blend. What are the good or bad points of each one? Any likes or dislikes? Advantage of either castor or the sythetic blend? A long time racer told me one time how the blended oils is the best of both worlds and reccomended it ove regular oil and synthetic oil for use in cars. Anyways, lets hear your thoughts

ccdhowell
07-14-2007, 09:07 PM
I'd say use neither one you listed. I'd go for a full synthetic premix oil. I've heard the blend argument for car engines and it sounds reasonable enough, but I don't know if it holds water for a 2-stroke bike motor. With full synthetic, almost any brand you choose would probably be just fine, you know it's gonna stay clean and have all the heat resistence and anti-scuff protection these old engines need to survive. Just my 2 cents worth. Chris

Maico
07-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Klotz Super Techniplate. Better read up on the Benol on Klotz's web site. With the Benol,it requires periodic top end inspection due to the gumminess of the castor. Best stuff out there as far as protection goes though. Also...it will separate in cold weather.

Only used PJ1 Goldfire once. Never a problem. I'm a firm believer in the Klotz Super Techniplate. Never had an oil related failure yet and been using it for over 20 yrs. Good stuff.

1upfront
07-14-2007, 11:13 PM
I like AMSOIL Dominator:)

oldsking86
07-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Castro 927 baby! ;)

fast94tracer
07-15-2007, 12:34 AM
^^^^i totally agree^^^^

Billy Golightly
07-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Search the forum.