PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions of a tri-z

honda250sx
07-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Could some get me some dimensions of the tri-z? I am looking for stock wheel base and length of the machine. I also need the height of the machine. Reason being is i am looking to travel to get one and want to shove it into my Chevy equinox. If i need to take the front end and rear carrier out i just might have to. Any input is appreciated!

Dirtcrasher
07-14-2007, 11:38 AM
I'd slide the forks out of the triples and unbolt the master cylinder. For the back you can yank the tires and take the shock linkage off somewhere. That ought to fit it in just about anything :)

You know that once you get this you'll never ride the SX again right? Ever since I bought the 350X it's all I ride.....

honda250sx
07-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Steve, I WILL ride my SX. i vow to death do us part. And besides, the motor will be like yours anyhow. I love my sx its the all around bike, it can do it all to a certain extent. The motor is on the bench now! I have always wanted a Z. I have been a gold certified yamaha tech since i was 18 and always wanted one. With all the cool sh!t guys are making these days how can you not go wrong. Everyone needs just a little 2-stroke in there life. But my thumper will never leave me.

Dirtcrasher
07-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Steve, I WILL ride my SX. i vow to death do us part. And besides, the motor will be like yours anyhow. I love my sx its the all around bike, it can do it all to a certain extent. The motor is on the bench now! I have always wanted a Z. I have been a gold certified yamaha tech since i was 18 and always wanted one. With all the cool sh!t guys are making these days how can you not go wrong. Everyone needs just a little 2-stroke in there life. But my thumper will never leave me.

Hey bud, I hope you do still ride it. SX's were my passion for so many years. I truly tried to ride that machine beyond it's full potential. When I bought the 86 200X I thought to myself "man, why didn't I do this sooner". Then I got the 350X and that was it, I just don't have the time to ride everything and my ATC of choice is the 350X. I wish I did ride the SX with the built motor, and I did let a couple of my friends ride it just to keep it running. In between all these trikes I did buy an 85 250R, but I found I was over jumping everything by 20 feet. One day I came around a corner on a wheelie and hit my backhoe bucket head on... Two strokes have there place, it just isn't at my place....

I miss my SX, but it's like when I went from a 1981 RM125 to a 94 CR250. Once I got use to the 250 I thought 125's were for 140lb kids. When I hopped back on a 125 it felt like a bicycle - kinda like the SX feels..... :p