PDA

View Full Version : Who has used Hi-Flite seat foam?

rich250rracer
07-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks to Biggreenmachine for hooking me up with Hi-Flite for replacement foam for my Tri-Z. Now my big question is for anybody who has it. How does it fit? The guy I talked to said not all covers will fit their standard height foam because of slight differences. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

tecat-z
07-10-2007, 08:42 PM
I have hi-flite seat kits on my 2 86 tri-z's and on my 85 tecate. The tecate is a different style than oem in that it goes up the tank, and it is 1' taller than stock. I love it and it's very comfortable. My tri-z's have the standard kit with cover. Awesome fit of both foam and cover. Foam for tri-z is exact oem profile.

rich250rracer
07-10-2007, 09:15 PM
I have hi-flite seat kits on my 2 86 tri-z's and on my 85 tecate. The tecate is a different style than oem in that it goes up the tank, and it is 1' taller than stock. I love it and it's very comfortable. My tri-z's have the standard kit with cover. Awesome fit of both foam and cover. Foam for tri-z is exact oem profile.

Thanks, looks like I'll be ordering it tomorrow. :D

Bigbore
07-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks to Biggreenmachine for hooking me up with Hi-Flite for replacement foam for my Tri-Z. Now my big question is for anybody who has it. How does it fit? The guy I talked to said not all covers will fit their standard height foam because of slight differences. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thier covers and foam are awsome and the best I've seen. Are you going to use their seat cover? Or are you just looking for the foam, if so why?

rich250rracer
07-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Thier covers and foam are awsome and the best I've seen. Are you going to use their seat cover? Or are you just looking for the foam, if so why?

I bought a brand new Ceet cover, which I can't send back. I was going to recover the seat last night, but when I pulled the old cover off, the foam was rotted and cracked.

GoodKarma
07-11-2007, 05:49 AM
I purchased the foam and cover from Hi-Flite, and it is a PERFECT fit.

oldskool83
07-11-2007, 07:08 AM
i have hi-flite seat foam on my 84 200x. its not as soft as the stock foam and its larger in almost every direction. i did end up trimming it all around the base as much as 1/4" in some areas.

Maico
07-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Anyone know if CEET or Hi-Flite make covers and foam for the '86/'87 Tecates ??

Mosh
07-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Hi-flite does make tecate foam and covers.