PDA

View Full Version : 200x performance mods?

3WheelsOn2
07-09-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm getting ready to rebuild my 1984 200x engine. And I want alot more power I'm going to be making a custom exhaust and will be doing my own porting/polishing. I would like to stay with the stock bore, other then that i'm open to suggestions.

If anyone knows some web sites I could start looking at to get a general idea of the costs and power gains of different mods, Cams, Carburator, Valves/valve springs, Cranks... any help would be greatly appreciated.

84honda200s
07-09-2007, 09:08 PM
lol you better have a deep pocket man. i know you can get carbs, exhaust, compression piston and rings, valves and springs from denniskirk.com but the rest would have to be bought threw powroll.com or some other site like that. if you upgrade your came get a web-cam. but like i said you better have a deep pocket.

MTS
07-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Your best bang for your buck will be a high comp wiseco piston and a cam, Dont hack your head yourself, send it out, you will more than likely kill performance rather than build it, theres more to it than making big holes, try and find a 29mm carb, or bore the stocker out, and run a good pipe, it would be wise to re-bore too if you run a wiseco, as the bore is old, could be out of round, and wiseco's like a little bore piston/cyl clearence too,\

3Wheelers4Life
07-09-2007, 10:20 PM
check this out http://www.powroll.com/P_HONDA_ATC200X.htm

3WheelsOn2
07-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Yeah I guess you're right about deep pockets 84Honda200s, Thanks for the Link 3Wheelers4life. I'm afraid that stuff is out of my price range.

I really didn't expect the cams to be that much, For now I think I'm going to have to go with Just high comp piston (somewere around 10.5-1) along with the minor mods I can make. I'm think i'll save up for a cam though... Might need a better summer job though. lol

Thx for the help guys.

84honda200s
07-09-2007, 11:08 PM
get a bigger used carb and a good used exhaust off ebay and rejet the carb flop a uni filter on, leave the air box lid off and bam you got power. ooo yea add a high compression piston and rings. those mods alone will bring that 200 to life.

ooo yea your welcome for the help. thats why we are here lol