PDA

View Full Version : Small Wonder

English Luke
07-09-2007, 05:24 PM
I have been looking at some of the pics on this site of you lads on your trikes, and its easy to see why you like them so much. Its because you have so much damn space over there. And I bet no one cares if you tear up a bit of woodland cos there is always plenty more. It would sicken you to try it over here.
Im just waitin for an invite over for some trike/beer/chick type holiday, and a chance to get one opened up to full throttle.

Jason T
07-10-2007, 03:53 PM
I know what you mean, you have to be careful over here and try not to annoy anyone. But I bet the guys in the US have a lot of rules about where they can ride.
Luckily my dad lives near to loads of fields, and we have an arrangement with the farmers:D

Jason

SYKO
07-10-2007, 04:19 PM
yea its not as easy to "ride" over here as you might think, sure many of us are lucky to be close by a popular riding area or live somewhere where riding isnt prohibited. But its not easy for many of us, take Florida for instance, coverd with many race tracks and large amounts of riding area, that are now infact getting harder to even ride on due to restrictions and other things, many people are tired of paying fees and other things to register to ride only to be able NOT to ride. It has become an epidemic there with many people selling there machines! Here where I live (georgia) its alittle more lax, I have a decent amount of property in wich I have some trails, a small moto track and what not, I can cruise up and down the dirt roads, or load up my machine and take it to the river and ride trails/sand/mud if I want to, but never the less It is still technicaly Illegal to ride on dirt roads here, but since many farmers use atvs unless your caught doing something stupid you dont really get into much trouble. Now if you want to be pissed about not riding, start talking to the west coasters that have Glammis and all those baddass places to ride, hell that gets me fired up!

tecat-z
07-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Yes we do have lots of undeveloped land in the U.S. However in my home state of Indiana we have no state owned riding area other than Red Bird. Very small, at only 300 acres and it's at the very bottom of the state near Kentucky. All other riding areas are privately owned and operated. Where i live we have no place to ride where if you get caught your in big trouble. Yet the DNR want's all atv's registered and love's all the tax revenue on new off road machine sales. Where's all the money going? Why register. And all the tree huggers, can't reason with them, but it's ok to destroy virgin woods for huge housing developments. Talk about frustrating.

super90
07-10-2007, 06:21 PM
I guess PAs different? I can go beind, infront anywhere around my house and ride in private lands that the owners obviously dont mind you riding on. Only place thats prohibited is the powerlines and state game lands. I try to stay off thoes at all costs since my friends have been caught and have got a hefty fine. Even though your supposto stay off the powerlines, I have actually talked to some of the workers fixing broken lines and such and they dont mind. They only tell you to stay on one trial off to the side and dont rip it up. And if the rutts get out of hand it will be shut down. So everytime I see a kid ripping it all up off the trail I stop him and tell him whats up. Even riding on backroads the police dont mind as long as your not riding stupidly fast and stay off the main roads. Railroad use to be posted but now the workers will just wave and go on their way. They thought riding on the edge will erode the tracks but we keep a far enough distance to not damage them, and its the only way to the gas station, so im not going to complain. :w00t:

BigGreenMachine
07-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Newfoundland is mainly Crown Land, that means we can ride where ever we want.

Mobular
07-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Yup, come to Canada and ride most anywhere....within reason!

English Luke
07-11-2007, 01:27 PM
It sounds like canada might be the place to go then. Only a few more bears to watch out for. Guess il lhave to get my kicks pulling a set of gangs around the cricket field. Bah.

Still no word on the beer holiday i see, mind you, i hear the beer is not too good over there.

Jason T
07-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Don't start the beer debate, you'll open up a right can of worms:eek: ha ha

Jason

English Luke
07-11-2007, 03:49 PM
well, i reckon worms might be better than a weak beer no?:beer :beer :beer