PDA

View Full Version : V-force reeds for my Z

KingNothing
07-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Can anyone tell me where i can get v-force reeds for my 85 Tri Z??...............Thanks guys

ATC-Eric
07-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Well, I got a set from Moshman, dont know if he has anymore. Hit him up!

Mosh
07-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Yep I have one set left...145.00 shipped.
These are V-force 3 reeds Brand new.Check My website
www.cosmicquads.com

Bryan Raffa
07-08-2007, 05:50 PM
I could have swore that the WR cages were the same

Yamahondaman
07-08-2007, 05:51 PM
HUMMMM ... i dunno ?

Bryan Raffa
07-08-2007, 06:10 PM
humm I do WR 250 91-97 v force ....PART# V25141-Z

SAVE YOUR SELF THE MONEY AND HAVE RONNIE PORT IT!!:naughty:

chris200x
07-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Mine is/was damaged do to factors beyond my control. :mad: I've looked on bikebandit but can't seem to locate the exact parts I need to replace... OR if they even need replaced. It's the metal piece (like a spacer) that goes between the cylnder and the reeds.

Mosh.. is this part included in the ones that you sell? OR where the heck em I gonna find one that will work??? Are they discontinued?:wondering

Mosh
07-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Factory reed cages are discontinued (I Think)...The Sets I sell are specifically made by V-force for the Tri-z.When you get the ones for the dirt bikes,,,The pedals are too stiff.The sets I sell run a meduim pedal stiffness.That was directly discussed with Moto Tassinari and recomended to be changed by him for optimal results in the Tri-z.
As far as I know( and I could be wrong) the (WR) cages mentioned above, only come in the v-force 2 series,,and will not have the correct pedal Stiffness.

The reed pedals for the new V-force 3 reed systems,as well as all gaskets will be available for replacement.In other words You dont have to wait to get replacement pedals or gaskets when you need them.

Chris,, The system I sell has everything you need.It will replace the metal spacer that is damaged on yours.You have to use your factory air boot and cut the ramps off the boot so it buts flush with the new V-force cage.While you are at it,,You will want to open up your boot a little to allow more air flow into the cage.Easy to do with a utility knife.

Here is the deal.The cage is from 2006 2007 KX 125.part number... V 303a
Reed pedal Part number is ...682m

IF YOU RUN ALCOHOL FOR FUEL you will want the stiffer reeds. Part number... 682h

The reeds are the same part number a Honda 250r.So if you want to call V-force and order them Give Him thos part numbers I just mentioned.I think they will run you right around 160 shipped from Him.I order a few sets at a time so He may charge a few bucks more to make up the Special set.I dunno Know for sure!

If you tell him you want the KX 125 cage set,,, you will get the wrong pedals.They have to be order v303a with 682m pedals to work good in the Tri-z
I have them listed on my website for 145 shipped

pickleweasel_00
07-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Not to be dumb, but just to clarify... the V 303a and 682m are the numbers for the parts you used in the ones you sell? Just making sure, I might upgrade from my stock cage but it sounds lke you are about out of them!

chris200x
07-09-2007, 05:32 AM
When you say UPGRADE what the diffrence between these, the power reeds, and stock jobbers. I really don't know too much about these things. :rolleyes:

Mosh
07-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Not to be dumb, but just to clarify... the V 303a and 682m are the numbers for the parts you used in the ones you sell? Just making sure, I might upgrade from my stock cage but it sounds lke you are about out of them!Yep!!

As far as a upgrade.They make a differnece how? I dont really know.
My guess is they use 4 sets of reed pedals and a better designed cage that (rams) the air fuel mixture in the engine.
They do make a differnece.More low end torque and Quicker throttle response and revving of the engine.

I am about out.One set left
But IF you want to buy them from me a save a few bucks I can have them to you within 7-10 days.I will order more sets IF i need too for you guys.

pickleweasel_00
07-09-2007, 11:05 PM
better than the stock cage with boysen reeds?