PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z front stainless steel brake line

triztracker
07-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Does anyone make a stainless steel front brake line for the tri-z? I bought one like four months ago off of ebay but when I took it out of the package it was only 29 inches long. They said it was the front Galfer brake line for the tri-z but it was the same lenght as the rear and cost me over $65. I contacted the seller "sumofallparts" and shipped them the short line back. They said that someone named Paul from Galfer was making me a custom 42 1/2 inch line but after a crap load of emails, phone calls and over four months of waiting I still haven't received my part. :mad:

ATC-Eric
07-02-2007, 10:23 PM
I have one thats suposedly for a 350x, I havent installed it yet, buy it seems to be of a good length.

Ill let you know within the week whether its good or not.

Also, you dont need one thats necessarily for a Tri-Z, just measure out the stocker and find a similar length.

triztracker
07-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Update: Paul called me last friday and apologized for the delay, yeh right. He said that he just found my brake line in a box under his desk. He asked for my address and said it would be shipped out to me that day and I thought I'll believe it when I see it. Then on monday I get this email from sumofallparts:

What is going on ?? Paul at Galfer said he spoke to you and he said
that you have a Honda ATC 250R. You bought a line for the Yamaha YTZ 250.
If you want a line for a Honda, you will have to pay for it. At this
point, I told Galfer to hold everything until I sort this out with you.

I blew up at this point and told them what I thought. They said someone would call me from Galfer yesterday and just as expected not a word from them. I wish they would just give a refund and this whole nightmare would be over, but of course they won't...

InPiEcEs
07-11-2007, 08:50 PM
That's a crock!!
Does he realize that 29 inches won't work on a 250R either?
You need to be firm with these people sometimes, and state the facts.
Be sure you have some sort of receipt to prove what you ordered, and tell them that you want what you ordered, and it better fit.
You can also file a dispute through ebay, which doesn't usually do much, but it does kinda discredit the seller at least.
Tell 'em that's gonna be your first course of action, and you'll just keep going from there. I've found that sellers generally don't like disputes, unless they don't care about their credibilty.
If you can't get the proper line from Galfer, Goodridge makes nice lines as well.
That's what I have front and rear on my R. The only thing is, you gotta get the fittings seperate. They don't come with the line. For measuring, the fittings are generally 1 to 1.5 inches lengthwise when mounted to the line, so subtract 2 to 3 inches from your measurement.
The one on my R is 39 or 40 inches, plus the fittings.

triztracker
07-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Tell me about it... I might give goodridge a try later on. The bad thing is that I already left feedback like five months ago. I was doing a full restoration on my Z and did not realize it was the wrong size until about four months ago. So it's to late to do anything with ebay or paypal. And just as I thought they are still selling the wrong short brake line on ebay as of today... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fws%2Fsearch %2FSaleSearch%3Fsofocus%3Dbs%26satitle%3D330139042 176%26sacat%3D-1%2526catref%253DC5%26_trksid%3Dm37%26from%3DR7%26 nojspr%3Dy%26pfid%3D0%26fsop%3D1%2526fsoo%253D1%26 fcl%3D3%26frpp%3D50%26fvi%3D1&item=330139042176

ATC-Eric
07-12-2007, 01:13 AM
I dont believe you can file a dispute if its been that long.....

03 ORANGE SHEE
07-13-2007, 11:52 PM
i got one on mine, like $30. i had to cut it to lenth.comes in 4ft lenth, then add the ends. ill see if i can get a number for you

Stu-Pedasso
07-14-2007, 06:56 PM
I have a galfer line, Part # FKO3D374 F YAM YTZ 250 3-Wheel 85-86. This one is around 46-47".

triztracker
07-14-2007, 07:12 PM
I got home from work on thursday and guess what was on my front porch. They went ahead and shipped me a brake line for a 86 250r, it's five inches to long but I made it work. This long nightmare is finally over and now my Z is complete. Thanks for your help guys and I would steer clear away from that seller...