PDA

View Full Version : Big Red odd intermittent problem

Frankside
06-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Hi,

I have a Big Red 1985 (250) with a odd problem. Everything is fine with it but sometime it stop and don't want to restart. We heard the starter trying to do its job but the Big Red don't want to start. 5 seconds later or 4 hours (as the Big Red wish) it start and everything go back to normal.

I made it check, and as always the problem didn't happen when the mechanized want to do a diagnostic. He made a carburettor clean-up, check all filters, hoses and everything he might think that could cause the problem. He think that could be an electrical problem.

Does someone is aware of this kind of behavior with Big Reds ?

Thanks

Frank

hublake
06-28-2007, 08:58 AM
I have had problems once in a while with my BR where it runs fine and the next time I go to start it, it won't start. I change the plug and it starts right up

honda_atc200es
06-28-2007, 01:45 PM
yup thats usually what it is, it might be running rich, causing highly shortned plug life, same problem with my brothers quad, it will run great for a week, then it will act wierd, have the intermittent starting problem, i change the plug and get another week outa it, im still not sure what causes it

icp4life162005
06-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Mine had that problem but it had to do with the key ignition and me not using it/trike would run with key in off position. when the one wire that was unplugged would ground it would kill the trike and not let it restart.