PDA

View Full Version : By Request OC250r collection updates FEW NEW PICS!!!

Orangecnty250r
06-26-2007, 11:34 AM
WARNING!! LOTS OF TEXT not for those with short attention spans…

WOW those trikefest pics look awesome!!!!….man one of these years I have to get out there!!!

I have had a few emails, posts, and PM’s asking me questions regarding the showroom and current projects. I figured since there was interest I would update everyone on what OC has going on in the three wheeler world. I am a person who loves sharing pics but never really wants to post things until they are done with a major unveiling.

Unfortunately no recent unveilings have been done except the tiger page due to the fact I have way to many simultaneous projects going on at once and not getting any one project done fast. For those who have done frame off restores and know how the parts are all over the place and searching for the needle in the haystack parts takes time will understand. On my restores I am so picky not one part goes back on unless its replaced with NOS , refinished, or I find a perfect one…that can really slow things up waiting for the perfect part. I have six frame offs going on at once right now so it gets overwhelming.

Showroom
The showroom is pretty much done with exception of the flooring. At least the Honda wall and Honda current line up is very close to being done. The one major hang up to completion of the showroom is the Tiger buyout and the Cagiva I acquired this year. These machines are in the restoration phase and have taken up half the space in the showroom with parts and machines half done. So it is a half showroom /half workshop :twisted: :( . Since I am a perfectionist it would kill me to post pics of the place not in the state of the “vision” I have. So I figured I would give a few “teaser” pics that show pieces of the showroom but not in its entirety or the way it will look when done. I still have to build a showcase for all the NOS hondlaine stuff and get the magazine racks for all the vintage mags as well as other decorating.

The Projects in the works or in line to be started

1981 ATC NOS 250r- Well this thing has been close to being done for a very long time….The first year of the legendary 250r nameplate (that’s why I decided to go all out on it) is so close to being done it’s a sin I haven’t wrapped it up…..I just need to order one part and spend 1 day and its there. Almost all New old stock parts from 3 or 4 different countries over the course of a few years built this machine….I have photo documented each individual new old stock part with its Honda packaging…..showroom and I mean showroom nice.

Cagiva 3 wheeler- The Cagiva has been started. Mike at Vintage has the motor for a full rebuild/refinish. Unfortunately we have hit an unexpected snag. One of the center cases is damaged beyond repair. This is unfortunate as the entire motor rebuild has hit a wall and boxed up until I find a case GRRRRRR, Thanks Mike for being patient. Update: just won a case on ebay and awaiting for it to arrive:w00t: .

The TIGER Line up….Well with the major buyout this past December and working on and completing some private deals and a few other major Tiger scores I have acquired the entire line up minus the tiger 80. I am very picky and detail oriented so I have searched hard and turned up perfect parts including enough plastics/shrouds to really finish off the perfect collection. There are no short cuts on any of these as I want them to look showroom when done down to every detail. Update this week I also found two sets of the original carlisle Amerithon turf tires that have been long gone and I have never seen for sale on ebay...one more detail down!!!

Where the TIGERS stand (Estimated time of full completion 11 months May 2008)
Tiger 125- a full restored roller awaiting tank and shroud to come back from paint and a couple small odds /ends….just about there.

Tiger 200- Complete and in superb condition but to fit in with the rest it needs to be broken down and refinished.

Tiger 250- My first Tiger!!! Well this one has been close to done forever minus the rotax motor and looking for a red reservoir fox rear shock (found that last month) ….this is what happened I sent the motor off to Mike at Vintage for refinishing…while it was there I acquired a tiger super 4 which is much rarer than a tiger 250. When I received the motor back in fully restored condition I decided to put the motor with the major $$ invested in the super 4 (I was restoring that at the time because that is so much rarer and more valuable…Now the 250 still needs a motor refinished…to come soon.

Tiger 500- The current project. I have acquired some really nice parts for this. I have an authentic tiger 500 and this will be an unrestored roller by the end of the month (July). I have to have a hand coned pipe fabricated for it by dynoport. I plan on finishing this one by fall/early winter if I get the pipe done in a timely manner. Since this is a super rare machine I may send the ROTAX 500 motor off to Mike at vintage for full rebuild/refinish but that would take some extra time probably thru winter which would put me in the proper time frame to have them all done by May. Update: Since I started typing this a fellow board member here gave me the heads up on an almost new super low hour and running rotax 500 2 stroke motor for the tiger I have purchased it rode the machine it was in and all I can say is WOW!!!! Thanks BOB

Tiger super 4……WOW this baby is almost there and one of my favorite machines if you view my TIGER webpage you can see how it’s coming along.

1986 Tri Z 250 – OK ……This is the long neglected rebuild…..Long ago Darius ( a member who used to be very active here recently came back and made a few posts lately) inspired me to build one of these as he has a really sweet 86. For several years I have been collecting NOS parts and have all NOS front/rear fenders, shrouds ,seat, front wheel tire, head-pipe, all pegs, kicker, reservoir and a whole crate full of other NOS parts. Mike at Vintage rebuilt and refinished the entire motor…Since the other more RARE projects have rolled in this one keeps getting put 3rd from last…..but let me tell you when this actually goes together there will be no other like it except the one in the crate we have seen overseas.

The RED 1985 Tecate- We all saw Mike at vintage’s sweet original un-restored 1984 tecate recently. Believe me I love green when it comes to KAWI but the red one has always peaked my interest. Well I have a super nice 1985 Red tecate that again have been collecting NOS parts for several years. I have a whole crate full of rare NOS for this one as well including the rare 3 new Dunlops, front fender, head-pipe, seat and so much more. This one has also taken a backburner to the tigers and cagiva but will be a very respectable restore when it is done.

1987 Tecate 3 wheeler- Well real nice 100% stock 1986 Tecate’s are rare….everyone like to make a fuss about 1987 200x’s with the new color scheme and key, 1987 atc 250r’s and 350x’s were photographed for a brochure but currently folk lore, Yamaha bailed in 1987 with the triZ ….there was 1 and only 1 1987 high performance 3 wheeler that actually hit the streets in very, very limited numbers……The 1987 tecate 3 wheeler. I just happened to find a complete one 1 hour away from my home…it turned up on ebay a few years back and the seller ended early for me. The problem with finishing it…I already restored a 1986 with all NOS plastics including NOS golden right shroud and headlight. Well since I have a super sweet 86 this restore is last on my list. I plan on doing a full restore on this taking the super super rare NOS parts of the 86 and putting them on this 1987…I will then officially offer the 86 restore up for sale or trade. The differences in the 1987 tecate I see you may ask???.

1. Keyed ignition
2. Different decals….more of a tear drop shape.
3. Rolled edges on all three wheels for added strength and powder/paint rather than bare brushed aluminum.
4. Different headlight bracket to accommodate for the keyed ignition.
5. Rear parking brake.

I have acquired more NOS since this has been on the back burner including a crate full of little stuff, axle, coolant reservoir bottle and so much more…this 87 Tecate will be real nice when done.

As you can see I have my hands full. I have been trying to refrain from buying more projects until all these are done….(probably 18 months away) when they are ALL done I will officially start to look for more projects.

As far as individual machine unveiling I am working on a small stage with track lighting and a backdrop so when I unveil it its done with some fanfare with close ups with my NEW digital camera.

Stay tuned OC has some cool stuff rolling out in the next year. Sorry for all the babble but that is the update

200x newby
06-26-2007, 11:46 AM
woooooooooooooooooooow:drool: that is an extreamly nice collection. great work

rassagmc
06-26-2007, 11:48 AM
OMG!! I think I am in love with those R's :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: VERY nice work:beer :cool:

mymint87
06-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Freakin Showroom is bigger than my House:eek: .....Thats Crazey:TrikesOwn

LonesomeTriZ
06-26-2007, 11:52 AM
That would certainly be worth a trip.

ScottZJ
06-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Very very nice job fella. You need some Utes in that collection too hehe..........peace

Dammit!
06-26-2007, 12:22 PM
I thought you said you were getting a new camera? :lol:

mymint87
06-26-2007, 12:36 PM
I thought you said you were getting a new camera? :lol:

He would be better off restoring his old one:welcome:

brrcuda
06-26-2007, 12:52 PM
An asset to the community. You must have a very understanding wife cause the amount of money you put forth to these bikes is got to be outrageous. All the power to you.

Few questions for yah:

1) do you start these bikes up when they are completed (to keep fresh) or do you dump like wd40 in the cylinders? - just curious for my sitting restores.

2) What keeps you from having a few beers and jumping on one for the hell of it to see how it runs down the street or down the local trail?

I know with my restores, i keep them in the basement which deters me from pulling them out through the bulkhead and riding them. Otherwise they would be ridden often.

3) Any plans on a 3ww member visit/unveiling/maybe trail ride? That would be cool. OC Trikefest. I could stare at those bikes for hours.

ceaserthethird
06-26-2007, 01:24 PM
All ways great to see your collection !

Keep up the Good work ...

3Wheelers4Life
06-26-2007, 02:21 PM
nice collection, cant wait to see more pics and see it done. now start selling tickets, souvenirs, and giving tours lol. i wish i had a collection like that.:drool: :drool: :drool:

70ATC90
06-26-2007, 03:21 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

blue27
06-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Looking Awsome can't wait for more pics!!!

P.S. nice tiger pics on the wall lol

Darius1502
06-26-2007, 04:41 PM
I am back...and that collection is amazing! Major props to you!

Wow!!

Where is the Quadzilla? There is a lot of stuff in that showroom...I know for sure.

edog
06-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Can you please post better pic??????????

InPiEcEs
06-26-2007, 05:00 PM
That is simply an amazing collection.:drool: :drool: :drool:
I don't think I even wanna ask how much time and money is sitting there............
They all look like new!!
After seeing all those, I need to go clean my leg off now.........Awesome machines!!!

westcoast TRI-Z
06-26-2007, 06:17 PM
That first pic is cool. What I see is the evolutionary life of the Honda 250r.

Orangecnty250r
06-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Can you please post better pic??????????

Haha :lol: :lol: You and Dammit....thats why I called them teaser pics ;) :D ..I actually have a new camera that takes great pics...I am saving those for the close ups on the lighted stage and displayed proper....thats when I'll show you up close and personal :eek: ....Darius the Zilla is in there but I bust it out and ride it a few times a month.

84honda200s
06-26-2007, 06:44 PM
friggin sweet collection man! great work !

200x350xtriz250
06-26-2007, 08:50 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

i58829
06-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Thats a great collection, i can't wait to see everything. Maybe if you 'open' for a weekend i can make it up to see the museum. I'm very interested in seeing the 500 tiger, i've been reading up on those machines and thinking i need to dig up the coin to get one for myself, TC...

nik0708
07-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Hi,
First of all i would like to say how amaizing your collection is!!
I am currently restoring my 83 250r and im having difficulty esatablishing the correct type of plating on the various fasteners used, ie what should be gold and what should be silver. I was wondering if you could send me a few detailed pictures of your 83/84? I am also looking for one original rear tyre and a front if you know of any?
I also have an 85 250r, 84 200s, 89 trx 250r and an 85 atc 70 all of which are in good shape but just need a little tidying.
I am almost done restoring my trx, just need to get the plastics done and thats it!
Look forward to your reply,
Nick from sunny Scotland.

bp739
07-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Thats......FREAKIN AWESOME :D ....nice work...:beer

250rAL
07-05-2007, 10:02 AM
I pray that you have a sprinkler system installed. A fire in that building would be.......tragic.

R Nutt
07-05-2007, 12:04 PM
That is a great collection!

My only complaint is......
You have what appears to be a LARGE sum of money tied up in these trikes, and now you cant afford a nice camera so that we can see better pictures!!!
Do all of us a favor and get nice crisp detailed pictures!!!
That '86 line up would make a nice wallpaper for my pc!!

Maybe we should start donating a few bucks on your paypal account for a nice camera...

atvnut
07-05-2007, 12:13 PM
My compliments to the chef ! Nice work Bro!

Orangecnty250r
07-05-2007, 12:40 PM
That is a great collection!

My only complaint is......
You have what appears to be a LARGE sum of money tied up in these trikes, and now you cant afford a nice camera so that we can see better pictures!!!
Do all of us a favor and get nice crisp detailed pictures!!!
That '86 line up would make a nice wallpaper for my pc!!

Maybe we should start donating a few bucks on your paypal account for a nice camera...

I have a brand new sweeet camera and I have some real nice pics...like my other post said I am holding them for the real unveiling :TrikesOwn ;) on the same note I will post a thread in the open forum about taking pics...I have some super sweet ones that wont load because of the image size... go see the other thread to reply

Jason Hall
07-07-2007, 08:55 AM
WOW, I can't wait for my next trip home. That Is the sweetest collection ever, I hope to check them out In person. I will bring a towel to clean the drool off of them. That looks like a Honda dealer from the 80's. You are amazing & I wish I had the patience you have to be able to bring those awesome machines back like that.

250rAL
07-07-2007, 05:01 PM
I wish I had the patience you have to be able to bring those awesome machines back like that.

I wish I had the $!!

Black86tri-z
02-04-2008, 10:58 PM
we need updated pics

Brockey
02-05-2008, 06:12 AM
I second that. Give us a few more pics to drool on. My desktop needs a new background aswell.

JohnBeton
02-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Thats one hell of a collection you have !
I'm working on my own collection, I'm from belgium and most of these bikes are very hard to find here. So far I have:

- 1986 - Kawasaki Tecate 3
- 1985 - Yamaha Tri-Z
- 1987 - Suzuki LT500r Quadzilla
- 1990 - Suzuki LT250r
- 1987 - Honda TRX250r

and a 2002 Raptor 660 for onroad :)

Orangecnty250r
02-05-2008, 08:26 AM
I'll try to get a few new pics up tonight.

Erics350x
02-05-2008, 09:30 AM
You lucky @$#@^%$#!!!!!

evand
02-05-2008, 11:36 AM
any way you would let some members ome up and see them? i have fam. in NY and go see them every year, i could spend a day in there just drooling:beer

bobr
02-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Any chance you are a landscaper? i think I met a guy who knows you at he poker run in Sept.[scatv assn]. Bob

razorbackatc
02-05-2008, 10:54 PM
OC,
Well, you know I love your collection. I was happy to read your outline of completion. I want to come up again. You and prohemi have some amazing stuff. How long have you officially been collecting? Razorbackatc

petesatc
02-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Come on OC.... brake out the new camera :D :D :D :D :D

Dirtcrasher
02-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Imagine if we went down to check em out and he had to run in the house for a minute; Her comes back out and were all sittin on them bouncin up and down, tryin to put the choke on lol....

Sweet stuff bud!!

brapp
02-07-2008, 07:45 PM
ahhhhhh ive seen better!-----------------------in a dealer back in the 80's

brrcuda
02-07-2008, 08:06 PM
ahhhhhh ive seen better!-----------------------in a dealer back in the 80's

What? you werent old enough --> youngster

rich250rracer
02-09-2008, 05:59 PM
I'll try to get a few new pics up tonight.

Is the TRX a restoration? I can't imagine the possibility of finding one like that.

tri-Z ripper
02-09-2008, 06:22 PM
[SIZE="5"][/were not worthy were not worthy!:drool: You are an amazing person congradulations for doing something most of us will only dream of and to have the patience not to ride them!!! i could never do it not ride them that is :TrikesOwn

Orangecnty250r
02-09-2008, 09:21 PM
A few more pics nothing that special......one more post to come!!!! and plenty more pics to come in the future when my builds are done...I AM BEHIND SCHEDULE and dont like that....GRRRRR

Orangecnty250r
02-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Here it is......what does the future hold....just wait and see!!! unfortunetly a busy life has not let me get as far on the 86 Z , cagiva, 87 tecate, and 85 red tecate but they are getting closer each day

edog
02-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Nice she!!!!

Orangecnty250r
02-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Nice she!!!!

Never Ridden

edog
02-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Never Ridden

That a shame ....you make me sick.:lol:

Dirtcrasher
02-09-2008, 10:14 PM
On the 250R, the rear parking brake adjusting bolt looks dirty, CLEAN IT UP YA SLACKER!!!!!!

Orangecnty250r
02-09-2008, 10:17 PM
On the 250R, the rear parking brake adjusting bolt looks dirty, CLEAN IT UP YA SLACKER!!!!!!

Its terribly dirty:lol: :lol: I have had the cable in a box for 3 years now tooooo many machines to work on. I'll clean it when I put the cable on...

Brockey
02-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Once again, you are the god of ThreeWheelers. Very nice collection. Keep up the amazing work.

Bryan Raffa
02-10-2008, 10:04 AM
come on OC put me to work for a week!! LOVE the 50th banshee with the dealers tags!!:naughty: ;)

the great gazoo
02-10-2008, 10:19 AM
When's the 3WW Member's only tour? How do I get tickets?:lol: :lol: :lol:

225DX DUDE
02-10-2008, 11:11 AM
:drool: :drool: :drool: Nice group of tigers!! All of your collection is so pertty.:drool:

Keep up the good work!

3Wheelers4Life
02-10-2008, 06:37 PM
oh man.:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
you have awesome bikes, and do great work. keep it up, and more pics.:drool: :drool:

JohnR.
02-28-2008, 06:19 PM
When can we come up and drool on them? Alright, I'll settle for drooling near them.

John

yaegerb
03-29-2015, 02:29 PM
Dead thread worthy of a resurrection. I was searching around and found this. Good lord your collection is impressive!

hippyplz
03-29-2015, 04:19 PM
Thanks for bringing this one back up, very cool!

83ATC185
03-30-2015, 01:11 PM
Thanks yaegerb cause I'm just now seeing these! OC your collection is truly amazing. Oh to sit on that Super 4 for just a minute...:drool:

Mickey Dunlap
03-30-2015, 04:11 PM
Wow so this is what I'm coming up there to see, plus more when you get it done I guess, cool!

Keith Salyer
03-30-2015, 05:12 PM
Top notch collection. Next you can start a new row of the works trikes of the 80's starting with Mickey's

Orangecnty250r
03-30-2015, 09:21 PM
The 81 and 84 r and the 350 were sold to Norm (RIP). These were the ones featured in the MacWorth collection. I still have the 86 ATC/TRX 250r. The Collection is now 4 Franks, 10 Tigers (down from 20) and the Cagiva as well as some mx bikes.

Mickey Dunlap
05-07-2017, 04:30 PM
The 81 and 84 r and the 350 were sold to Norm (RIP). These were the ones featured in the MacWorth collection. I still have the 86 ATC/TRX 250r. The Collection is now 4 Franks, 10 Tigers (down from 20) and the Cagiva as well as some mx bikes.

Which ones of the Tigers are coming here this week?