PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z suspension=horrible

j.Lawson
06-23-2007, 07:41 PM
So I took the Tri-z out I just bought today. The suspension is terrible, the guy who sold it to me said it was, he was right. He gave me a used warrior shock but does anyone know a good, reasonable place I could send the rear shock and front forks to be rebuilt? I have a local shop (donelson cycle) but if anyone has sent their suspension out anywhere with good results I'd like to know. thanks.
Or does anyone know of a good aftermarket set-up still available for this machine?

Its an 1985 tri-z.

mike from long island
06-23-2007, 08:25 PM
As far as I can remember,you can buy progressive front fork springs and rebuild them yourself.They are very easy to do.Then I would just watch ebay for a newer warrior,raptor or banshee shock.It would be less then having one rebuilt.Good luck.

chris200x
06-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Yup. What Mike said. Most of the time the Z rear shock cannot be rebuilt because the shaft gets pitted and it will leak. I wouldn't ride it with a blown shock either because you may end up getting hurt.

I put a used warrior shock on mine and it worked great. I got it real cheap off ebay.

j.Lawson
06-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Yeah, i figured I could do the forks myself, no biggie. And agreed, it's not getting rode till the shock is fixed.