PDA

View Full Version : 200x Engine Rebuild

MADATC
06-22-2007, 08:37 AM
My 200x likes to smoke, alot, so I'm saving up some money to give it some pep. It's going to be used for straight up trail riding so I want to keep it "torquey". What I had planned was this for the top end:

new standard piston and rings
new powroll torque cam w/ valve springs
new valves
new powroll high strength cam chain
top end gasket kit

Please inform me if I need anything else, any help will be greatly appreciated. I'd like to get everything done that I need to while I have the top end torn down. This will be my first time but I'm confident that I should not have any problems.....I hope.

Mastacator
06-22-2007, 09:47 AM
My 200x likes to smoke, alot, so I'm saving up some money to give it some pep. It's going to be used for straight up trail riding so I want to keep it "torquey". What I had planned was this for the top end:

new standard piston and rings
new powroll torque cam w/ valve springs
new valves
new powroll high strength cam chain
top end gasket kit

Please inform me if I need anything else, any help will be greatly appreciated. I'd like to get everything done that I need to while I have the top end torn down. This will be my first time but I'm confident that I should not have any problems.....I hope.

You may want to consider upping the compression of that piston a bit. 10.25:1 would be good for straight up premium pump gas.
Make the most of that cam with a little higher comp. More compression will be more power all around, most especially torque.