PDA

View Full Version : Raptor rear shock on z

RID3R
06-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Will a 2005 raptor 350 rear shock bolt right up to a 85 tri-z? Need to know asap. thanks

SYKO
06-19-2007, 10:47 PM
if its like the warrior, it takes simple mods, but if its like the newer style rear shocks where the rez is attacted at the top it will be in the way of the gas tank.

RID3R
06-19-2007, 10:57 PM
The rez is attached at the top. Guess I will keep looking, does it matter what year warrior shock? Im gona search for that on ebay now. Thanks

SYKO
06-19-2007, 11:06 PM
the earlier ones that have a non attaced rez

RID3R
06-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Thanks for letting me know. Theres a warrior shock on ebay right now with a few hours left, the rez is not at the top. Guess I will place a bid and im one step closer to getting this z rolling.

Tri-Z 250
06-20-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm not trying to blow your wallet up, but can I make a quick 2cent. Go buy an aftermarket custom one trust me. They last longer and the action is perfect. You'll end up spending less in the long run. Stock Yamaha suspension SUCKS on all but the new ATV's. You buy used $300 shipped in good shape....Ride the bike one/ two if your luckey times, 1big hit blow out! Send it away to a shop, w/spring a rebuild will run $400...still it isn't the correct size....Get the shock back and you have now spent the same amount for the proper unit. The Axis shock I have has saved my ankles from 3 real big bottom outs. I've never have had a problem with it and the adjustablity of the unit is perfection. It was $785 of the best money I ever spent on my Z. Please consider, It was an expensive choice and looking back I couldn't be any happier.

RID3R
06-21-2007, 12:17 PM
I'm not trying to blow your wallet up, but can I make a quick 2cent. Go buy an aftermarket custom one trust me. They last longer and the action is perfect. You'll end up spending less in the long run. Stock Yamaha suspension SUCKS on all but the new ATV's. You buy used $300 shipped in good shape....Ride the bike one/ two if your luckey times, 1big hit blow out! Send it away to a shop, w/spring a rebuild will run $400...still it isn't the correct size....Get the shock back and you have now spent the same amount for the proper unit. The Axis shock I have has saved my ankles from 3 real big bottom outs. I've never have had a problem with it and the adjustablity of the unit is perfection. It was $785 of the best money I ever spent on my Z. Please consider, It was an expensive choice and looking back I couldn't be any happier.

I did win the auction, got a 99 warrior shock and it was only 120.50, great working cond. I must say this is my first time hearing these stock yamaha shocks suck on the older models. Im pretty sure this warrior shock is better than a stock z shock though, right? Paying $785 for a rear shock is more than what I paid for the z itself when I got it. Im sure it will be way better suspension but I got this warrior shock and thats what im gona have to work with, as I dont got the money to go all out on this rebuild. Maybe in the future I will consider a custom aftermarket shock. As for now lets just see how this holds up, I know I will be geting an aftermarket spring for this before it goes on.....