PDA

View Full Version : Who does rebuilds of 200x motors?

riverrat
06-18-2007, 11:49 PM
I live in the North East, and I am interested in getting my 84 200x professionally rebuilt, with possibly a few performance upgrades.

Is there anyone around I could send it out too?
thanks

3Wheelers4Life
06-19-2007, 11:41 AM
did you try your local motorcycle or power sport shop? you can get performance parts here http://www.powroll.com/P_HONDA_ATC200X.htm

riverrat
06-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks.
I guess my local guy would work, but I thought I could just find someone who specializes in these motors.

I might just do it myself, I have built plenty of car motors, and rebuilt a few boat motors. But I have respect for the professional. Trick is finding one :)

Levithan
06-20-2007, 11:36 PM
You dont need a pro. Do it yourself! Just find out what parts you need to use, and what will increase your power. Good luck!

84honda200s
06-20-2007, 11:41 PM
where in ny are ya ? bring on down ! u pay for parts and some of my time and ill do it up.

NOS_350X
06-21-2007, 01:17 AM
What are you thinkin about for performace?? Send me a pm and we can talk.

ProCarbine2k1
06-21-2007, 10:03 AM
There is an EXCELLENT motor guy here in Mansfield, Oh.. Might cost you an arm and a leg to ship it both ways, not sure... PM me if you need the contact info...

Bigbore
06-21-2007, 11:35 PM
I found these guys after talking to some of the guys from "Mouse" McCoy's team a couple years ago when he came to a promotional at Fay Meyers Motor Cycle World (I used to work there). Anyway, These guys have done 3 motors for me. My XR 650, 11 to1 , port polish, and other top end work, IT SCREAMS! They did a 200X rebuild last year for me. Now, their working on a XR 200 motor for me that going in to my suspended 185S.

I bought a Powroll 216cc Stoker kit and having them do all of the assembly, porting and polishing, Installing new valves, seats and guides and some other stuff. They do NICE work! Their porting and polishing is top rate and a big gain in HP. They'll do as little or as much as you want.

Ask for Fred. http://www.xrsonly.com/html/labor.html

riverrat
06-22-2007, 12:17 AM
where in ny are ya ? bring on down ! u pay for parts and some of my time and ill do it up.

I is in Greenwood Lake, in Orange county, a bit of a drive from you.

riverrat
06-22-2007, 12:25 AM
I found these guys after talking to some of the guys from "Mouse" McCoy's team a couple years ago when he came to a promotional at Fay Meyers Motor Cycle World (I used to work there). AnywayThese guys have done 3 motors for me. My XR 650, 11 to1 , port polish, and other top end work, IT SCREAMS! They did a 200X rebuild last yaer for me. Now, their working on a XR 200 motor for me.
I bought a Powroll 216cc Stoker kit and having them do all of the assembly, porting and polishing, Installing new valves, seats and guides and some other stuff. They do NICE work! Their porting and polishing is top rate and a big gain in HP. They'll do as little or as much as you want.

Hey, thanks, what did they charge you for your 650 when you were done?

Also, anyone know of any good guides, or books on how to do it yourself?
Or is the honda manual, which I don't have good enough.

I am not a complete novice, I have built several chevy's, and boat motors. Also ported my own heads once.

84honda200s
06-22-2007, 01:35 AM
I is in Greenwood Lake, in Orange county, a bit of a drive from you.

lol yea i guess so. i havent bin over that way in years. lol it was worth a shot anyways. sorry i couldnt help. well not unless you ship it here. peace and good luck man. ooo yea those 200cc engines are simple. you could do it pretty easy. push comes to shuve you have the largest trike forums in the work backing you up.

Bigbore
06-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Hey, thanks, what did they charge you for your 650 when you were done?

Or is the honda manual, which I don't have good enough.

I am not a complete novice, I have built several chevy's, and boat motors. Also ported my own heads once.

My 650 was right at $780 total. The porting and polishing was $300, resurfaced the head $55, new piston and rings $199, New valve springs and install $150 and shipping. I kept the stock cam. I've also got a Pro Curcuit pipe, an Edelbrock carb and a K&N on it. The porting and polishing really woke it up.

If you want to do your own work, a Cylmers is good for dissassembly and reassembly. I'd have XR's Only do the bore and hone ($55) and have them do a porting and polishing job on the head ($175) and that includes the valve job. Then buy your piston, new cam chain and your top end gaskets. You can do your own reassembly all for under $500

3Wheelers4Life
06-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Or is the honda manual, which I don't have good enough...
check out this http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=56218&highlight=trike+manuals

riverrat
06-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Wow, thanks guys!

Dirtcrasher
06-24-2007, 12:09 PM
I found these guys after talking to some of the guys from "Mouse" McCoy's team a couple years ago when he came to a promotional at Fay Meyers Motor Cycle World (I used to work there). Anyway, These guys have done 3 motors for me. My XR 650, 11 to1 , port polish, and other top end work, IT SCREAMS! They did a 200X rebuild last year for me. Now, their working on a XR 200 motor for me that going in to my suspended 185S.

Labor costs are crazy! Some of there pricing isn't too bad but "mount tire off bike" 25$ !! Good god, I'd go crazy..... I try to make 30 to 50$ an hour on side work. Just split the case on a 2000 KX125 and I'll bet I have 5 hours into it when I'm done. Lots of tiny parts in there that have to be spotless and checked out. I always lap the case surfaces and tap everything, it's just amazing how much time that ya can put into things. But whether you pay someone or do it yourself, do it once and do it right and you won't have to open it up again for quite sometime....